• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT / Kill Switch

amzbrady

imported post

I wonder if they are responsible for my IE8 not showing the Open Carry site correctly? It got all screwed up. now seperating lines and colors. Damn Govt.

amzbrady

imported post

I just want to figure out which update installed and what settings got changed. I want it back like it was. Hopefully someone else has had to deal with this...

Aaron1124

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
I wonder if they are responsible for my IE8 not showing the Open Carry site correctly? It got all screwed up. now seperating lines and colors. Damn Govt.
firefox.....
My firefox has been acting up, too. It's been crashing a lot more than normal, and the damn space line/paragraph line is popping up in the most random places on the site - even on areas where I cannot enter text

skiingislife725

imported post

I had to revert back to the previous version of Firefox. Mine kept not responding. I'm sure the thousands of tabs I had open didn't help, but still! Didn't do it before! :)

amzbrady

imported post

I get alot of "not reponding" also on all 3 of my computers, not only IE either. Tis ok, I just got this laptop 2 weeks ago and already have to reformatt it.

amzbrady

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum3/46202.html

Forum is changing vendors.

no problems on IE8....
IE 8 is what I am running also. I just figured this out. Everything looks fine as long as I'm not logged in. If I log in it all goes goofy, if I log out it goes back normal. I reformatted the drive back like it was new and didnt change anything.

swatspyder

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
Google Chrome is where it's at. Also you guys with the firefox issues...should prob do a scan. I have never had to many issues with FF and I have done/do things......
Lol @ Google Chrome. I hope you don't care about sharing your internet habits with Google.

Metal_Monkey

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
Google Chrome is where it's at. Also you guys with the firefox issues...should prob do a scan. I have never had to many issues with FF and I have done/do things......
Lol @ Google Chrome.  I hope you don't care about sharing your internet habits with Google.

Ummm it is only certain ones. I do all my "stuff" on linux with other means of not being "followed". For the average person, google is very good. If you would like I can show you my computer set up I have on youtube:celebrate

swatspyder

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
swatspyder wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
Lol @ Google Chrome. I hope you don't care about sharing your internet habits with Google.

Ummm it is only certain ones. I do all my "stuff" on linux with other means of not being "followed". For the average person, google is very good. If you would like I can show you my computer set up I have on youtube:celebrate
I'm sure if it was built after the summer of '07, it probably contains components that are better than what is inside mine. After 3 years, this desktop I built is still running great, doing everything that I need it to do. Considering the fact that 90% of the time my CPU is < 25% usage, GPU < 10% I would see no benefit to spending an insane amount of money for components released within the last 3 months. And I have no extra spending cash... Linux for daily use, Windows for the times when software is not yet supported in Linux.

Want no record of what you do left on your computer? Linux via a USB live disk loaded into RAM. 8GB FTW!

Trying to hide your traffic over WAN? Forget it, unless you and the end server are communicating using strong encryption. And even then, there are sensors that can decrypt your traffic, MITM. Your ISP logs your traffic, and DNS queries. The US Gov. scans, and logs traffic that passes by their sensors. Thank the Patriot Act for your lack of privacy.

Have fun!

Metal_Monkey

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
swatspyder wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
Lol @ Google Chrome.  I hope you don't care about sharing your internet habits with Google.

I'm sure if it was built after the summer of '07, it probably contains components that are better than what is inside mine.  After 3 years, this desktop I built is still running great, doing everything that I need it to do.  Considering the fact that 90% of the time my CPU is < 25% usage, GPU < 10% I would see no benefit to spending an insane amount of money for components released within the last 3 months.  And I have no extra spending cash...  Linux for daily use, Windows for the times when software is not yet supported in Linux.

Want no record of what you do left on your computer?  Linux via a USB live disk loaded into RAM.  8GB FTW!

Trying to hide your traffic over WAN?  Forget it, unless you and the end server are communicating using strong encryption.  And even then, there are sensors that can decrypt your traffic, MITM.  Your ISP logs your traffic, and DNS queries.  The US Gov. scans, and logs traffic that passes by their sensors.  Thank the Patriot Act for your lack of privacy.

Have fun!
I love mirrors! I'm no "nerd", but I know enough for what I do. I also only use win7 for games until full support for them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkSiElV1mtI