• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bright sights

tofubento

imported post

I OC/CCW a Beretta 92fs, and I have recently purchased the bright sights green, and green glow in the dark. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the product? Good , bad, ugly?

tofubento

imported post

okay well then i guess ill post up some info later once i receive my order.

jeeper1

imported post

I was thinking about getting night sights for some of my handguns. Then I read on another forum (I don't know how true this is) that the sights illuminate the shooter in the dark making you a target for the criminal.

Don Tomas

imported post

tofubento wrote:
this company's product :

http://www.brightsights.com/index.shtml

I highly doubt they will make you visible to any target.
Yeah. Considering it's only paint and contains a tiny amount of luminense I'd say your safe. Ever thought of buying Mepro or Trijicon instead? They use tritium gases which actually glow in the dark and last up to 10 years. Much better than the paint, but that's just my opinion.

tofubento

imported post

I have thought about it, but I cant find any gunsmiths in the PDX area, that dont have a 6-8month back log. By then I will have the tools and know how to put in sights LOL But right now its just a temporary thing to try. Thank you for the suggestion though!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've used variations on the paint/nailpolish theme for years. All I can tell you is that there is a HUGE difference between applying the stuff for "combat" sights and for "target" sights.

Since I'm not into sub-minute of badguy shooting, I go with getting enough paint on for my aging eyes to see. I also find that contrasting the front & rear sight colors is better than all the same shade.

A final tip = leave a fine line of no paint along the top edge of both the front & rear sights if you want to be sure where the top edge is.

stay safe.