• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dealer Fees

What are typical dealer transfer fees in your area?

• Total voters

ecocks

imported post

How much are people paying for transfer fees?

In my area we expect from $15-$25so was a bit shocked whensomeone threw out $40-$60 on another thread. Is it really that variable?

I also see some people mention NCISchecks in a manner which makes me wonder if some dealers are tryingcharginga separate fee over and above the price of the gun.

anyamaboy

imported post

I bought a blued Ruger P95 off of Budsgunshop.com for $300 delivered and used a guy that works gunshows and has a FFL and it only cost me $20 to transfer it. $320 isn't bad when a local gun shop had a stainless version for $400 on display.

oldkim

imported post

Yes, it's basically whatever the shop or FFL dealer wants to charge for it.

Buds sells hundreds of guns a day (200+). There is an article about it someplace. They sell in volume and they have a low overhead.

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

Most places $25 brady if you buy a gun from them

$35 fee plus the $25 bradyif shipped from somewhere else

so that one gun if i buy on gun broker will be $450 plus $25 shipping and the $60 when it gets to my local dealer

I think its better i buy the gun off him locally

ecocks

imported post

So far I am seeing what I expected, within the $10-25 range.

zoom6zoom

imported post

$25-30 in NoVA. I found a guy in Richmond who said he charged $15 but then he tried to collect sales tax, saying "that's how I make my money". No, not after being reported to the state you won't, buddy.

balackolama

imported post

i have had dealers in my area say its state law they charge $25

or they say that what the nics charges them?

whats the true story here?

i do understand people are in buisness to make money but i dont like having my unemployment money molested

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Strangest one I ever ran across, they actually charged more if you bought
the gun from them, but charged less for a transfer from someone else.

My local shop is $12 if I ever need to get registered.:lol:
Never hurts to have all the prices before you find the rimfire 22 short single
shot canon of your dreams then find out you need to pay the DC FFL fees in
the triple digits.

Samopal

Here in Detroit everyone charges $10-25 for transfers...except for one place that demands $75. Then again they're the same folks that charge MSRP for their fiearms, have a 10% markup on all ammo and all the while act like they're doing you a favour.

DevinWKuska

Here in Pierce County WA, the lowest transfer fee I have seen is $25 ($35 for long guns) from surplus ammo and arms in Lakewood WA. Most places I see are usually $35-50 This includes "The Marksman" in puyallup "Discount Firearms" in federal way, Marys Pistols in tacoma, and Welchers gun shop in tacoma.

I think when I lived in Spokane WA I was paying $35 from "General Store" which is like a gunshop/outfitter store.

Last edited:

sultan62

In NC, it's typically $25-$35, and I don't think I've ever seen anywhere less than $20 or more than $40.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I have my guns sent to an FFL that works out of his house. I pay $27. $25 for the transfer, $2 for the background check.

Ma}{imus

$15 from a home-based FFL. Love it.

Swyped from my LS670 using Tapatalk