• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sams indoor pistol range in everett

Matt85

imported post

any one up for joining me tommorow (06/19) at Sams pistol range? i was thinking about 5pm, if your up for it meet me by the back door (main door to the range).

-matt

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

Hmmm, I might be able to do that.

As to "Why Sam's?", I am guessing it is because the OP is in Everett, making Sam's close. I haven't heard much good about Shooting Sports NW and I dislike their sales model requiring membership for any range use, and requiring range fees in addition to membership fees.

Metal_Monkey

imported post

I only ask because I almost went toes with the dude with the pony tail for insulting my wife and making her feel stupid.

It is a 1/4 away from my house also, but I will gladly made the drive to my spots.

EDIT(I just had to add):Also...not to be rude, but it seems others feel the need to answer for the OP when the question was directed at him.....opinions always welcome, but I know I don't like people answering for me...

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
I only ask because I almost went toes with the dude with the pony tail for insulting my wife and making her feel stupid.

It is a 1/4 away from my house also, but I will gladly made the drive to my spots.

EDIT(I just had to add):Also...not to be rude, but it seems others feel the need to answer for the OP when the question was directed at him.....opinions always welcome, but I know I don't like people answering for me...
I don't think I was "answering" for him. Note where I said "I am guessing..."

Sorry to ruffle your feathers.

I've never had a problem with any of the staff at Sam's, what led up to the altercation over your wife?

Metal_Monkey

imported post

911Boss wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:

I've never had a problem with any of the staff at Sam's, what led up to the altercation over your wife?

No worries. I just try to avoid making topics so long and random. It comes from dealing with a lot of "kids" in the online gaming community.

Long story short I was looking to replace a POS Walther P22 with a real gun for my wife. The guy upfront was nice(even though not very gun smart) and so we went to the range to see what ones she rent to try. I personally wanted to give her the best chance at finding something that would fit her. I was talking to her and that guy starting telling me everything he didn't know and what I HAVE AND NEED to do. I asked him a question about an FN five-seven and he barked at me "It's a gun it shoots". I had enough and started away when he looked at my wife who was over by the guns(while I was a little ways away) and starts making fun of how she is dressed and other comments that well....if he wasn't in a gun store.......I do go to Sams sometimes, but I choose not to go in range...

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
911Boss wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:

No worries. I just try to avoid making topics so long and random. It comes from dealing with a lot of "kids" in the online gaming community.

Long story short I was looking to replace a POS Walther P22 with a real gun for my wife. The guy upfront was nice(even though not very gun smart) and so we went to the range to see what ones she rent to try. I personally wanted to give her the best chance at finding something that would fit her. I was talking to her and that guy starting telling me everything he didn't know and what I HAVE AND NEED to do. I asked him a question about an FN five-seven and he barked at me "It's a gun it shoots". I had enough and started away when he looked at my wife who was over by the guns(while I was a little ways away) and starts making fun of how she is dressed and other comments that well....if he wasn't in a gun store.......I do go to Sams sometimes, but I choose not to go in range...

Wow that's messed up. If anyone insulted my girl especially without being provoked i'd have a serious issue with it.

That said. I also live about a half mile from sams gun shop and have only been there a few times, most of the time they range staff is quite rude to customers.

Metal_Monkey

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
911Boss wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:

Wow that's messed up. If anyone insulted my girl especially without being provoked i'd have a serious issue with it.

That said. I also live about a half mile from sams gun shop and have only been there a few times, most of the time they range staff is quite rude to customers.

Being rude to people is not needed. Being a @@@@@ to my wife is fightin words. Anyways I know places to go if you don't mind a beautiful little drive ;)

midiwall

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
911Boss wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:

Any idea who it was? Can you describe him? I can't picture anyone up there with a pony tail, and I think we know all of the guys.

Metal_Monkey

imported post

midiwall wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
911Boss wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:

Any idea who it was? Can you describe him? I can't picture anyone up there with a pony tail, and I think we know all of the guys.

Older grumpy looking guy. He had a pony tail as I recall, but that could be wrong. No facial hair, somewhat baulding white hair, and OCed a Kimber( I THINK left side).

midiwall

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
midiwall wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:

Long story short I was looking to replace a POS Walther P22 with a real gun for my wife. The guy upfront was nice (even though not very gun smart) and so we went to the range to see what ones she rent to try. I personally wanted to give her the best chance at finding something that would fit her. I was talking to her and that guy starting telling me everything he didn't know and what I HAVE AND NEED to do. I asked him a question about an FN five-seven and he barked at me "It's a gun it shoots". I had enough and started away when he looked at my wife who was over by the guns (while I was a little ways away) and starts making fun of how she is dressed and other comments that well....if he wasn't in a gun store.......I do go to Sams sometimes, but I choose not to go in range...
Older grumpy looking guy. He had a pony tail as I recall, but that could be wrong. No facial hair, somewhat baulding white hair, and OCed a Kimber (I THINK left side).
Hmm, left side carry of a Kimber and older (in the way you described) I think would be Tom - no pony tail btw. :) and, this is not to be confused with the Tom that works the shop counter.

I'm not looking to push this into a did/didn't happen discussion, I just wanted to know more about who you were talking about. Thanks for clarifying.

I will say that "the range" Tom is known as "Happy Jack" amongst the crew, and that there's some long history here. I'll leave it at that. There's also a reason that he never works the counter. :)

You got the bad seed in a very good apple. Tom works Sundays these days... I think you'll have a different experience if you re-visit.

btw, the counter guy you talked to... If you think he could be classified as looking like a "short Santa Clause" then that'd be Bill. Good guy, but he loves any gun in the case that you ask to see. ;)

Metal_Monkey

imported post

midiwall wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
midiwall wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:

Long story short I was looking to replace a POS Walther P22 with a real gun for my wife. The guy upfront was nice (even though not very gun smart) and so we went to the range to see what ones she rent to try. I personally wanted to give her the best chance at finding something that would fit her. I was talking to her and that guy starting telling me everything he didn't know and what I HAVE AND NEED to do. I asked him a question about an FN five-seven and he barked at me "It's a gun it shoots". I had enough and started away when he looked at my wife who was over by the guns (while I was a little ways away) and starts making fun of how she is dressed and other comments that well....if he wasn't in a gun store.......I do go to Sams sometimes, but I choose not to go in range...
Older grumpy looking guy. He had a pony tail as I recall, but that could be wrong. No facial hair, somewhat baulding white hair, and OCed a Kimber (I THINK left side).
Hmm, left side carry of a Kimber and older (in the way you described) I think would be Tom - no pony tail btw. :) and, this is not to be confused with the Tom that works the shop counter.

I'm not looking to push this into a did/didn't happen discussion, I just wanted to know more about who you were talking about. Thanks for clarifying.

I will say that "the range" Tom is known as "Happy Jack" amongst the crew, and that there's some long history here. I'll leave it at that. There's also a reason that he never works the counter. :)

You got the bad seed in a very good apple. Tom works Sundays these days... I think you'll have a different experience if you re-visit.

btw, the counter guy you talked to... If you think he could be classified as looking like a "short Santa Clause" then that'd be Bill. Good guy, but he loves any gun in the case that you ask to see. ;)

Yes Bill is decent guy when I do in. He was very respectful to my wife, so in a way he is the only reason I still go there. I usually just pop in to see what they have. Who is the tall kid?

midiwall

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
midiwall wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
midiwall wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
Metal_Monkey
wrote:

Yes Bill is decent guy when I do in. He was very respectful to my wife, so in a way he is the only reason I still go there. I usually just pop in to see what they have. Who is the tall kid?
That'd be "Nick". Good guy, knows a lot more than what you'd think. :)

In terms of what you're specifically talking about... Range Tom has said some "interesting" things to my fiance and step-daughter (who was then 18) in the sense of exposed cleavage and hot shells as they come out of the gun.

There's a right way, a wrong way, and an "interesting way" for that to be talked about. ...I'll say again that there's some history with Range Tom as to why he's (still) there. :)

Anyway... :)

Matt85

imported post

ya guys should have come, thejerk wasnt workingyesterday and it was quite enjoyable. i put 150rnds of 9mm and roughly 250rnds of .22LR downrange. my groups with the .22 are decent but i could really use some help with the 9mm. (im thinking about taking classes)

ill probably be going again soon and will post the date/time. also, let me know if any of ya guys/girls are going and ill join ya.

-matt

midiwall

imported post

Matt85 wrote:
i put 150rnds of 9mm and roughly 250rnds of .22LR downrange. my groups with the .22 are decent but i could really use some help with the 9mm. (im thinking about taking classes)
The classes that Sam's gives are quite good. Full day, lots of range time. Taught by Rollie (the guy that was behind the range counter yesterday) and Howard (range master).

Metal_Monkey

imported post

Matt85 wrote:
ya guys should have come, the jerk wasnt working yesterday and it was quite enjoyable. i put 150rnds of 9mm and roughly 250rnds of .22LR downrange. my groups with the .22 are decent but i could really use some help with the 9mm. (im thinking about taking classes)

ill probably be going again soon and will post the date/time. also, let me know if any of ya guys/girls are going and ill join ya.

-matt

Not saying anything against class, but if you already know the basics.....sounds like you just need practice and shoot more. The sights on the gun may be off...

amlevin

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:

Sounds like you might have run into Tom. If so, next time you see him, ask him if he's shot any lockers or trees lately. The locker was at Everett PD and the Tree at the Burien Academy.

The Tom I know is a "know it all" with a pissy attitude. Tells everyone he talks to that he is former cop. No wonder to me why he is a "former".