Thread: San Diego Home invasion

Post imported post

By Lindsay Hood
    NBCSanDiego.com

The woman who accompanied her boyfriend during a home-invasion robbery in Redwood Village was given the maximum sentence of 19 years and four months in prison, on Friday.

In December, Vanna Chheun, 31, was convicted of robbery, burglary, making a criminal threat and assault with caustic chemicals.

"As robberies go this case is the worst of the worst," said Superior Court Judge Charles Rogers, as he read Chhuen's sentence.

The judge called it a cruel and callous, said Prosecutor Rachel Cano.

During the October 2008 robbery, Chheun and two others, including Chheun's boyfriend Kevin Keith Sellers, tied up five victims, doused them in lighter fluid and threatened to set them ablaze.

Sellers, 31, was convicted of robbery, burglary, assault, forcible rape and forcible rape in concert. Police found a used condom with DNA from both Seller's and the victim on it during his arrest.

Sellers will be sentenced August 27. He faces a maximum of 71 years to life in prison.

The victims were not in court during the sentencing, Cano said they feared retaliation from Chheun's family.

The third suspect, Tommy Nguyen, is still wanted by police.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    By Lindsay Hood
    NBCSanDiego.com

The woman who accompanied her boyfriend during a home-invasion robbery in Redwood Village was given the maximum sentence of 19 years and four months in prison, on Friday.

In December, Vanna Chheun, 31, was convicted of robbery, burglary, making a criminal threat and assault with caustic chemicals.

"As robberies go this case is the worst of the worst," said Superior Court Judge Charles Rogers, as he read Chhuen's sentence.

The judge called it a cruel and callous, said Prosecutor Rachel Cano.

During the October 2008 robbery, Chheun and two others, including Chheun's boyfriend Kevin Keith Sellers, tied up five victims, doused them in lighter fluid and threatened to set them ablaze.

Sellers, 31, was convicted of robbery, burglary, assault, forcible rape and forcible rape in concert. Police found a used condom with DNA from both Seller's and the victim on it during his arrest.

Sellers will be sentenced August 27. He faces a maximum of 71 years to life in prison.

The victims were not in court during the sentencing, Cano said they feared retaliation from Chheun's family.

The third suspect, Tommy Nguyen, is still wanted by police.
    .25 cent justice...use a bullet & save the taxpayers money.

Post imported post

Thats why OC dosent stop when I get home.

Post imported post

My buddy used to make fun of me for carrying my 9mm on my person while in my own home until I showed him a news story similar to this (he's very liberal). Now he's in the process of purchasing his first handgun for home defense :celebrate

Post imported post

RMafera wrote:
    My buddy used to make fun of me for carrying my 9mm on my person while in my own home until I showed him a news story similar to this (he's very liberal). Now he's in the process of purchasing his first handgun for home defense :celebrate
    Now, he will be a liberal with a gun, much like myself.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    RMafera wrote:
    Now, he will be a liberal with a gun, much like myself.
    Haha! That's what I like to hear!

Post imported post

Next thing you know you're a "former liberal turned right wing extremist".

That's what happened to my wife. Now she's a coordinator for Resistnet, has an AR15, bought me an AR10 for my birthday last year, helped me put in a rifle/pistol range in the "back yard", and is telling me I need to make it longer, and carries concealed daily (and openly once in a while).

I think the process started when she worked in hospital emergency rooms (she's a nurse), then progressed when her late husband started asking "why do you belive that", and was finalized when she went to work as the nurse in a county jail facility.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

Can I be a liberal conservative with guns? I don't fit well in either group.

Post imported post

I think it depends on who you're talking to. For some, the very fact that you're a member here (and not a plant) means you're a "right wing extremist".

Sorry.:celebrate
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

wow. They finally get what they deserved.

I live 4 houses down from where this happend.

The assailants ran through a couple of my neighbors back yards and into the canyon.

I thought they got away.