• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego Home invasion

Gundude

imported post

By Lindsay Hood
NBCSanDiego.com

The woman who accompanied her boyfriend during a home-invasion robbery in Redwood Village was given the maximum sentence of 19 years and four months in prison, on Friday.

In December, Vanna Chheun, 31, was convicted of robbery, burglary, making a criminal threat and assault with caustic chemicals.

"As robberies go this case is the worst of the worst," said Superior Court Judge Charles Rogers, as he read Chhuen's sentence.

The judge called it a cruel and callous, said Prosecutor Rachel Cano.

During the October 2008 robbery, Chheun and two others, including Chheun's boyfriend Kevin Keith Sellers, tied up five victims, doused them in lighter fluid and threatened to set them ablaze.

Sellers, 31, was convicted of robbery, burglary, assault, forcible rape and forcible rape in concert. Police found a used condom with DNA from both Seller's and the victim on it during his arrest.

Sellers will be sentenced August 27. He faces a maximum of 71 years to life in prison.

The victims were not in court during the sentencing, Cano said they feared retaliation from Chheun's family.

The third suspect, Tommy Nguyen, is still wanted by police.

Don Tomas

imported post

Gundude wrote:
By Lindsay Hood
NBCSanDiego.com

The woman who accompanied her boyfriend during a home-invasion robbery in Redwood Village was given the maximum sentence of 19 years and four months in prison, on Friday.

In December, Vanna Chheun, 31, was convicted of robbery, burglary, making a criminal threat and assault with caustic chemicals.

"As robberies go this case is the worst of the worst," said Superior Court Judge Charles Rogers, as he read Chhuen's sentence.

The judge called it a cruel and callous, said Prosecutor Rachel Cano.

During the October 2008 robbery, Chheun and two others, including Chheun's boyfriend Kevin Keith Sellers, tied up five victims, doused them in lighter fluid and threatened to set them ablaze.

Sellers, 31, was convicted of robbery, burglary, assault, forcible rape and forcible rape in concert. Police found a used condom with DNA from both Seller's and the victim on it during his arrest.

Sellers will be sentenced August 27. He faces a maximum of 71 years to life in prison.

The victims were not in court during the sentencing, Cano said they feared retaliation from Chheun's family.

The third suspect, Tommy Nguyen, is still wanted by police.
.25 cent justice...use a bullet & save the taxpayers money.

RMafera

imported post

My buddy used to make fun of me for carrying my 9mm on my person while in my own home until I showed him a news story similar to this (he's very liberal). Now he's in the process of purchasing his first handgun for home defense :celebrate

Gundude

imported post

RMafera wrote:
My buddy used to make fun of me for carrying my 9mm on my person while in my own home until I showed him a news story similar to this (he's very liberal). Now he's in the process of purchasing his first handgun for home defense :celebrate
Now, he will be a liberal with a gun, much like myself.

RMafera

imported post

Gundude wrote:
RMafera wrote:
Now, he will be a liberal with a gun, much like myself.
Haha! That's what I like to hear!

We-the-People

imported post

Next thing you know you're a "former liberal turned right wing extremist".

That's what happened to my wife. Now she's a coordinator for Resistnet, has an AR15, bought me an AR10 for my birthday last year, helped me put in a rifle/pistol range in the "back yard", and is telling me I need to make it longer, and carries concealed daily (and openly once in a while).

I think the process started when she worked in hospital emergency rooms (she's a nurse), then progressed when her late husband started asking "why do you belive that", and was finalized when she went to work as the nurse in a county jail facility.

We-the-People

imported post

I think it depends on who you're talking to. For some, the very fact that you're a member here (and not a plant) means you're a "right wing extremist".

Sorry.:celebrate

r32619

imported post

wow. They finally get what they deserved.

I live 4 houses down from where this happend.

The assailants ran through a couple of my neighbors back yards and into the canyon.

I thought they got away.