• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KMart / Sears CHANGE POLICY ("We now follow state law")

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

:celebrate

SCJeffro wrote:
Yep I finally got through to the upper echelon of Sears execs... Like the post above said, it took me about 6 calls and several callbacks to get to some VP of something... Anyway After I spoke with him, I was told "I assure you sir, I will get something from our legal department and have a case manager get back to you." soon after I got the email above!

So I am happy with the outcome, we can now reference this letter should any Sears stores decide to kick anyone else out... Just refer them to "Sears Senior Counsel" They also called me back to make sure I got the email!

:celebrate persistence pays off once again!!
See the original thread here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/45528-3.html

Hello,

Its Emerald, your case manager, and this is the Sears cooperate policy regarding fire arms. Please call or email me to confirm you have gotten this information. Your case number is xxxxxxx.

Subject: RE: Request for fire arm/weapon policy

Here is the response from Sears Senior Counsel:

Our corporate policy regarding customers who openly carry firearms on our store premises is that as long as the law of the state in which our store is located legally permits the open carrying of firearms (i.e. carrying a firearm on one's person in plain sight), customers will be permitted to openly carry firearms within our stores.

Emerald Sloan
Blue Ribbon Service Case Manager
Sears Holdings Corporation
Toll Free: 1-888-266-4043 extension 75
Email: BlueRibbonService2@searshc.com

Schedule: Monday - Saturday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (CST) off Wednesday and Sunday
Another WIN for the law abiding that I just felt it should be re-posted under an updated heading.

Carry On.