Post imported post

Nice article!

Post imported post

Nice article!
    Ditto, and then some. Great job, Justin! Thanks

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

"An arrest can only take place, however, when the person carrying the firearm commits a crime with it, such as pointing it at a person, brandishing it in the air or creating a disturbance by not leaving a business when asked."

There is no mention of "brandish" in Wisconsin Statutes and any ordinance mentioning it is, thus, more stringent than allowed by Wisc. Stats. § 66.0409.

Post imported post

Outstanding article and a win!
    Former Corporal of Marines.

Post imported post

Great job! Another win for gun laws!

Carry On

Banned

Post imported post

It is so good to see everbodie getting along so well.

Post imported post

Win for all.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Banned

Post imported post

J.Johnson wrote: Wisconsin is a little off my normal route, but I wanted to stop by and say

Thanks!

Just by exercising your right, you brought about change. Just by exercising your right. Why OC? Because every time we do it, it strengthens the right. Again,

Thanks!

Post imported post

Good job Mr. Johnson :celebrate

I am looking forward to being able to OC while there in Wisconsin.
    :celebrate:celebrate
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Post imported post

"Police officers also have a right to question anyone carrying a gun in the open, to ensure that the person does not fall into the category of people not allowed to carry weapons, he said."

Really?

"The best way to carry a weapon in the open, according to Johnson, is on a thigh holster; a gun carried at the waist risks being covered up if your shirt accidently covers the gun."

This guy is the expert then...? Because the photo on there looks like its a bit high...
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Post imported post

Not all firearms are legal to possess. Prohibited firearms include machine guns, short-barrelled or "sawed-off" shotguns and rifles, assault rifles, armor-piercing ammunition, Really ? I need to find some 9mm AP

• Into taverns or bars: weapons generally cannot be carried into bars or other places licensed to serve alcohol. Ummmm, yes you can, with the Manager or Owners permission , for a specific event for a limited duration.

http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Great article by Shannon Green of the Daily Register and a real surprise that WISC would carry it in its' entirety. Perhaps the knee-jerk anti gun sentiment in the press is moderating, helped along no doubt by the hundreds of Wisconsinites peacefully open carrying and the many family friendly events that are occurring all over the state. Nice going to the activists who have made this happen and thanks for your ongoing efforts to normalize OC. Pats on the back all around!

Dave
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Banned

Post imported post

In the western world the phrase is often used to refer to those who deal with impropriety by looking the other way, refusing to acknowledge it, or feigning ignorance.

Post imported post

Indeed. In general a good and informing article. Mr. Green may not be 100% factual but he obviously did a lot of research before publishing his article. Any errors he made are of little impact to the total picture. As far as I am concerned it is the best article concerning Wisconsin gun rights that the general public is ever going to receive from the media. I think we owe Mr. Green a big thank you.

Banned

Post imported post

Oh it is a fine article, but not worth the effusive praise that should be saved lest kudos hang on every wall.

Post imported post

Glock34: Your comment on armor-piercing ammo is only partially correct. Agreed, there is no general ban on armor-piercing ammo. However DNR rules prohibit use of armor-piercing ammo for hunting and state statute 941.296(2) prohibits use of armor-piercing ammo during the comission of a crime. I'm suprised you missed the obvious error in Mr. Greens listing ofprohibited firearms, assault rifles. There is no Wisconsin lawprohibiting assault weapons.

Post imported post

Captain Nemo wrote:
    Glock34: Your comment on armor-piercing ammo is only partially correct. Agreed, there is no general ban on armor-piercing ammo. However DNR rules prohibit use of armor-piercing ammo for hunting and state statute 941.296(2) prohibits use of armor-piercing ammo during the comission of a crime. I'm suprised you missed the obvious error in Mr. Greens listing ofprohibited firearms, assault rifles. There is no Wisconsin lawprohibiting assault weapons.
    I was only interested in the AP Bullet thing & I did know that there is no law prohibiting Assault rifles , as I have owned them for the last 16 years.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

The comment about a thigh holster being the best cuz I don't have to tuck in my shirt was just a joke that I guess she took seriously. I had recently got a thigh holster for while hunting and wanted to wear it a few times to get used to it. Other than that I always use a belt holster

Post imported post

J.Johnson wrote:
    The comment about a thigh holster being the best cuz I don't have to tuck in my shirt was just a joke that I guess she took seriously. I had recently got a thigh holster for while hunting and wanted to wear it a few times to get used to it. Other than that I always use a belt holster
    nice article !!!! your famous