• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great article in portage daily register

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

"An arrest can only take place, however, when the person carrying the firearm commits a crime with it, such as pointing it at a person, brandishing it in the air or creating a disturbance by not leaving a business when asked."

There is no mention of "brandish" in Wisconsin Statutes and any ordinance mentioning it is, thus, more stringent than allowed by Wisc. Stats. § 66.0409.

__

Banned
imported post

It is so good to see everbodie getting along so well.

Mlutz

imported post

"Police officers also have a right to question anyone carrying a gun in the open, to ensure that the person does not fall into the category of people not allowed to carry weapons, he said."

Really?

"The best way to carry a weapon in the open, according to Johnson, is on a thigh holster; a gun carried at the waist risks being covered up if your shirt accidently covers the gun."

This guy is the expert then...? Because the photo on there looks like its a bit high...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Not all firearms are legal to possess. Prohibited firearms include machine guns, short-barrelled or "sawed-off" shotguns and rifles, assault rifles, armor-piercing ammunition, Really ? I need to find some 9mm AP :D

• Into taverns or bars: weapons generally cannot be carried into bars or other places licensed to serve alcohol. Ummmm, yes you can, with the Manager or Owners permission , for a specific event for a limited duration.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Great article by Shannon Green of the Daily Register and a real surprise that WISC would carry it in its' entirety. Perhaps the knee-jerk anti gun sentiment in the press is moderating, helped along no doubt by the hundreds of Wisconsinites peacefully open carrying and the many family friendly events that are occurring all over the state. Nice going to the activists who have made this happen and thanks for your ongoing efforts to normalize OC. Pats on the back all around!

Dave
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:lol:

Captain Nemo

imported post

Indeed. In general a good and informing article. Mr. Green may not be 100% factual but he obviously did a lot of research before publishing his article. Any errors he made are of little impact to the total picture. As far as I am concerned it is the best article concerning Wisconsin gun rights that the general public is ever going to receive from the media. I think we owe Mr. Green a big thank you.

Captain Nemo

imported post

Glock34: Your comment on armor-piercing ammo is only partially correct. Agreed, there is no general ban on armor-piercing ammo. However DNR rules prohibit use of armor-piercing ammo for hunting and state statute 941.296(2) prohibits use of armor-piercing ammo during the comission of a crime. I'm suprised you missed the obvious error in Mr. Greens listing ofprohibited firearms, assault rifles. There is no Wisconsin lawprohibiting assault weapons.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Captain Nemo wrote:
Glock34: Your comment on armor-piercing ammo is only partially correct. Agreed, there is no general ban on armor-piercing ammo. However DNR rules prohibit use of armor-piercing ammo for hunting and state statute 941.296(2) prohibits use of armor-piercing ammo during the comission of a crime. I'm suprised you missed the obvious error in Mr. Greens listing ofprohibited firearms, assault rifles. There is no Wisconsin lawprohibiting assault weapons.
I was only interested in the AP Bullet thing & I did know that there is no law prohibiting Assault rifles , as I have owned them for the last 16 years.

J.Johnson

imported post

The comment about a thigh holster being the best cuz I don't have to tuck in my shirt was just a joke that I guess she took seriously. I had recently got a thigh holster for while hunting and wanted to wear it a few times to get used to it. Other than that I always use a belt holster

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Johnson wrote:
The comment about a thigh holster being the best cuz I don't have to tuck in my shirt was just a joke that I guess she took seriously. I had recently got a thigh holster for while hunting and wanted to wear it a few times to get used to it. Other than that I always use a belt holster
nice article !!!! your famous:)