Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another update on PPD and OC

Post imported post

Only one city council member supports OC ing in pontiac that is Randy Carter. I spoke with him today he over heard the chief laughing about me getting my firearm takin away. also heard the chief state i was not going to ever get it back. But thankfully Judge Preston Thomas got into contact with thePPDand i recieved it back. Also Randy stated theotherCouncil membersand the chief are working together to get firearms banned from city hall.They state they were told by the CURRENT A. G. that theordinance they are creatingwill supercede state law. WhichI believe would beuninforcable under state lawdue to the preemption law 1990.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

Ok? Let me get this straight....the Democratic city council contacts the Republican A.G. Mr. Cox who is running for Governor & he tells them a local Ordinance will trump state law? Something is very....very.....out of order here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z48Y0sQzxxs

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

Wow, with the exception of Mr.Carter those council members are clueless. And the chief of police is a joke.

Post imported post

army74 wrote:
    Only one city council member supports OC ing in pontiac that is Randy Carter. I spoke with him today he over heard the chief laughing about me getting my firearm takin away. also heard the chief state i was not going to ever get it back. But thankfully Judge Preston Thomas got into contact with thePPDand i recieved it back. Also Randy stated theotherCouncil membersand the chief are working together to get firearms banned from city hall.They state they were told by the CURRENT A. G. that theordinance they are creatingwill supercede state law. WhichI believe would beuninforcable under state lawdue to the preemption law 1990.
    First of all, I think the Pontiac City Council is full of sh!t--it's nothing more thana scare tactic. Secondly, I find it hard to believe Mike Cox would admit such a thing, especially after hearing his speech at the Lansing SAM in regards to firearm ownership/carry. And finally, I doubt very much there exists a loop-hole where a local unit of government could slip-in an ordinance that would trump state law...But this is just my opinion.

123.1102 Regulation of pistols or other firearms.

Sec. 2.

A local unit of government shall not impose special taxation on, enact or enforce any ordinance or regulation pertaining to, or regulate in any other manner the ownership, registration, purchase, sale, transfer, transportation, or possession of pistols or other firearms, ammunition for pistols or other firearms, or components of pistols or other firearms, except as otherwise provided by federal law or a law of this state.

History: 1990, Act 319, Eff. Mar. 28, 1991

Post imported post

I hope the next time we attend a council meeting in Pontiacwe pack that place with Open Carriers. And have some news coverage as well.

Post imported post

DetroitBiker wrote:
    I hope the next time we attend a council meeting in Pontiacwe pack that place with Open Carriers. And have some news coverage as well.
    AMEN! BROTHER! Plus + 1 (Gazillion).
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

DetroitBiker wrote:
    As long as I'm kept informed as to when, I'll be at the next one.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

I don't know if I was the only one that noticed but they were laughing at us while we were their.

God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
    I don't know if I was the only one that noticed but they were laughing at us while we were their.

God Bless
    Yes - I noticed that also. We need to put together an event near downtown on a weekend right in the middle of the day. That would get the smirks off their faces I bet! Maybe a downtown Pontiac OC stroll ect...?

Post imported post

Glock9mmOldStyle wrote:
    eastmeyers wrote:

God Bless
    Yes - I noticed that also. We need to put together an event near downtown on a weekend right in the middle of the day. That would get the smirks off their faces I bet! Maybe a downtown Pontiac OC stroll ect...?
    Dream cruise is in August...
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    God Bless

Post imported post

Count me in for a downtown stroll. And attendance at a council meeting carrying my .45

Post imported post

i think with all the people that would be the best time to do it:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebra te

Post imported post

Arts, Beats, and Eats is in early September as well.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Post imported post

yes i know they were laughing....Lee Jones, Patrice Waterman, Mary Pietela, Kermit Williams, Donald Watkins, George Williams, Chief Gross, Officer Dorkins, Paramore will just love our Lil stroll downtown during dream cruise because i know for sure they`ll be there.

Post imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
    Arts, Beats, and Eats is in early September as well.
    I like this one better. But I don't believe this is an open event, I believe you have to pay to get in. So they might think they have the right to not allow for OCers (ho down).

Thoughts?
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless

Post imported post

fozzy71 arts beatsneats is in royal oak pontiac lost it

Post imported post

EastMeyers is correct Arts beats & eats would be great but its a "pay for entry event" & most likely subject to different rules.

Post imported post

army74 wrote:
    LMAO! Figures what a bunch of JACKASSES!

Post imported post

army74 wrote:
    Well I don't think we have ever had a lot of OCers in Royal Oak all at once, I still say lets do it, but hey lets not Hi-Jack this thread, anyone who wants can start a Arts Beats and Eats thread...

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/46305.html

But hey lets go ahead and get something going for the dream cruise. I don't know how many people will want to do it because it is such a pain in the but to get around in the area.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless

Post imported post

Dream Cruise Stroll then???

Post imported post

im down for a dream cruise stroll and even would be up for a royal oak arts beats and eats even

Post imported post

Army,

maybe we could get some help to set it up?

I would suggest you PM:

sprinklerguy28

scot623

and get their input.

Post imported post

ill send them something im not good at pm so ill have my wife set it up

Post imported post

army74 wrote:
    ill send them something im not good at pm so ill have my wife set it up
    Just have her click on their names above it will take her to PM "mode".

Banned

Post imported post

cool picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast