• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

URGENT!!! OC Help Needed at Mason, MI Event

Beerme

Banned
imported post

yooperlady wrote:
Wow..can not believe what I am reading. Can you imagine a 17 year old, a minor set up an open carry event. God forbid he is only 17. Thank-you God for this wonderful person who has, THE WANT, to be evolved in something we all care about. Our rights! If there were more young people like lil freak more things would get done.

Your saying your not trying to bash lil freak. What are you doing then?
Reminding every one about the Ponderosa incident. Which my friend was not his fault. Time to drop this crap and congratulate him for doing a fine job. He is doing great and it is time you all recognize that.

If there are mistakes made, hey you correct them. We all make mistakes, but we don't quit. We keep on keeping on.

I want to tell you lil freak your doing a great job.
Won't be long and you will be 18 and then you will go into the military and fight for our FREEDOM and RIGHTS.
I want to THANK-YOU for making that decision for us.

Keep up the good work.

yes but not done right

HE ORGANIZED IT, he should have informed them they planned on coming during the busiest hours instead of implying they will come in on a dead spot.

Doing what?

Section 8

When did it start?

My contribution is to make sure I do not attend anything that he has set up due to his prior track record. the less people he makes look bad the better IMHO

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i thank everyone for your support of me,and those whom are against me,your entitled to your opinion i suppose,with the exception of one person(whom is no longer with us) nobody has said anything toward me to make me hold a grudge against them,or feel differently about them in any way.

WILX knows full well how many people intend to come to the A&W lunch,and how many more are possibilities.
they have been more than good with OC stories,making them in either a pro or neutral fashion.If they show up i trust that they will continue that practice.

But,in case they do show up(id assume it to be a50-75% probability) more people wouldn't hurt!
I'm still here. And I look forward to seeing you real soon. There are plenty of dissenting voices. It's not your age. It's your baggage and lack of respect for the elders that try to counsel you. Cabman told you to hold off on this one and you pissed on him. Detroitbiker is fully aware of your shortcomings. Yet you have managed to convince some easily lead lemmings that your the victum.

It is people like you and that other idiot stainless that are becoming the poster children for opencarry. I can't wait for you to turn 18 and start carrying a gun. With the attitude you have you'll be celebrating your illegitimate child's first birthday, the one that the rest of society is going to be supporting, from behind bars.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

the flaw in your logic, again, beerme, is implying that we as law abiding citizens needed to inform this business owner of anything.

did we inform them we would like to wear yellow to his establishment?

with all due respect, the point of informing any business owner when and why we will be coming to their establishment is a mute point, and only used to cause drama.

can you cite why we would need to inform the business owner when we plan on attending his establishment in a lawful manner?

Beerme

Banned
imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
the flaw in your logic, again, beerme, is implying that we as law abiding citizens needed to inform this business owner of anything.

with all due respect, the point of informing any business owner when and why we will be coming to their establishment is a mute point, and only used to cause drama.

can you cite why we would need to inform the business owner when we plan on attending his establishment in a lawful manner?
my logic is not implying that at all...
I stated a FACT that HE PLANNED IT WITH THE OWNER AND MISLEAD HIM.
Do not dare try and twist my words on me.
The point of informing a business is a mere courtesy and misleading them into thinking well be there at a slow time and having everyone come in at the peak hours is just a way of giving the business the middle finger.

Until he proves that he is capable of organizing anything at all I refuse to endorse promote or attend anything he hosts he has proven he is inept over and over and has a long way to go until he deserves some respect.

lil_freak_66

imported post

pat,id have no quarrel with meeting you in person,so long as no arguments are purposely started.
congratulations on the reinstatement by the way.:dude:

i dont know where you and beerme get something about jail from though,other than a few small tickets,i have a clean record,never once spent time in any sort of jail facility,nor have i ever had parole or probation.

beerme,it is not my fault if the owner of ponderosa failed to tell his managers the date and time we had discussed,A&W has been well informed,ive made a point of telling every manager in person several times,and several of the employee's.

i really do hope both of you come out to an event that i attend(preferably one i set up) so that you both may see nothing bad will happen at the cause of my doing.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

Beerme wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:

The point of informing a business is a mere courtesy and misleading them into thinking well be there at a slow time and having everyone come in at the peak hours is just a way of giving the business the middle finger.

Until he proves that he is capable of organizing anything at all I refuse to endorse promote or attend anything he hosts he has proven he is inept over and over and has a long way to go until he deserves some respect.

Again, I am missing your point, he called the owner, which is more courtesy than should have been given to the business owner.

You are basically saying if I wanted to take my large family to ponderosa on a saturday at a busy time, I should call and make sure it is okay with the owner that I bring my family there?

Is our agenda any less lawful depending on the time of day it occurs at? I think not? Do you care to show me that our ability to open carry is less lawful when it takes place at a busy time? again, the time we arrive at a business to eat is an absolutely absurd point, and one only made to create an argument.

You say he misled the owner, when in fact, he did NOT mislead the owner, He cleared the day with the owner, tell me, please, without taking it as a personal attack WHY any LAW ABIDING CITIZEN needs to CLEAR a TIME TO PATRONIZE A BUSINESS WITH A BUSINESS OWNER?

if you can do this, I will gladly concede my point.

G

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
pat,id have no quarrel with meeting you in person,so long as no arguments are purposely started.
congratulations on the reinstatement by the way.:dude:

i dont know where you and beerme get something about jail from though,other than a few small tickets,i have a clean record,never once spent time in any sort of jail facility,nor have i ever had parole or probation.

beerme,it is not my fault if the owner of ponderosa failed to tell his managers the date and time we had discussed,A&W has been well informed,ive made a point of telling every manager in person several times,and several of the employee's.

i really do hope both of you come out to an event that i attend(preferably one i set up) so that you both may see nothing bad will happen at the cause of my doing.
Square in the vag

yooperlady

imported post

Hey do you suppose we set aside all the open carry, concealed carry, what size gun is best, what kind of ammo to use, for this very SPECIAL DAY!

I want to wish all the Dad's, Father's and Grandfather's, past, present, and future a VERY HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND BE SAFE.

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

yooperlady

imported post

Guess you can think and do what you wish. Who is it of me to stop you. After all that is one of our RIGHTS, freedom of speech.

I believe in this young person and I think he is doing a stand up job!!!
You learn by doing. Books and classes will never come close to learning until you start doing it. If something gets balled up you don't quite, you keep on until you get it right so to speak. But it don't matter things don't always turn out the way you think they should.

It sounds like everything has to be perfect right down to the letter.
Well life is not perfect. Never is, never has been and never will be.
There always a glitz somewhere.

So cut this young man some slack, and be glad he is on our side and is going out and setting up events to go to.

Trying to bash his spirit isn't working. He is strong willed and is doing great.

B

Bikenut

imported post

-CV67PAT- wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
i thank everyone for your support of me,and those whom are against me,your entitled to your opinion i suppose,with the exception of one person(whom is no longer with us) nobody has said anything toward me to make me hold a grudge against them,or feel differently about them in any way.

WILX knows full well how many people intend to come to the A&W lunch,and how many more are possibilities.
they have been more than good with OC stories,making them in either a pro or neutral fashion.If they show up i trust that they will continue that practice.

But,in case they do show up(id assume it to be a50-75% probability) more people wouldn't hurt!
I'm still here. And I look forward to seeing you real soon. There are plenty of dissenting voices. It's not your age. It's your baggage and lack of respect for the elders that try to counsel you. Cabman told you to hold off on this one and you pissed on him. Detroitbiker is fully aware of your shortcomings. Yet you have managed to convince some easily lead lemmings that your the victum.

It is people like you and that other idiot stainless that are becoming the poster children for opencarry. I can't wait for you to turn 18 and start carrying a gun. With the attitude you have you'll be celebrating your illegitimate child's first birthday, the one that the rest of society is going to be supporting, from behind bars.
Lack of respect from a 17 year old... or is it that he is filled with the enthusiasm and lack of experience of youth? I remember when I was 17 and had not done much in life yet I knew it all... just like every 17 year old before me, including you I'll wager.

Tell ya what... if you, and others, want OC events to be perfectly set up every time then setting up OC events will need to be "controlled" by some organization who's responsibility it will be to oversee those who set up events. Complete with standards, including a minimum age, to be met by anyone who would then need to apply for the privilege of being an event setter upper. Of course there would be forms to fill out and fees to be paid and permission granted... and woe be to the one who pisses off the dude in control of the forms.... sounds like ... government doesn't it?

Beerme

Banned
imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
Beerme wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:

Again, I am missing your point, he called the owner, which is more courtesy than should have been given to the business owner.

You are basically saying if I wanted to take my large family to ponderosa on a saturday at a busy time, I should call and make sure it is okay with the owner that I bring my family there?

Is our agenda any less lawful depending on the time of day it occurs at? I think not? Do you care to show me that our ability to open carry is less lawful when it takes place at a busy time? again, the time we arrive at a business to eat is an absolutely absurd point, and one only made to create an argument.

You say he misled the owner, when in fact, he did NOT mislead the owner, He cleared the day with the owner, tell me, please, without taking it as a personal attack WHY any LAW ABIDING CITIZEN needs to CLEAR a TIME TO PATRONIZE A BUSINESS WITH A BUSINESS OWNER?

if you can do this, I will gladly concede my point.
I never said he had to...
I said it was a courtesy
If I am setting up a meeting anywhere i will call where ever it is to make sure they can accommodate us and have no problem with a meeting being held there, not just for OC for anything AS A COURTESY

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

I wish I lived in MI. Of course, I'd be just like kimberguy carrying a non-prohibited firearm and catching all of the flack for it. Good job lil freak!

yooperlady

imported post

Beerme wrote:
yooperlady wrote:
Wow..can not believe what I am reading. Can you imagine a 17 year old, a minor set up an open carry event. God forbid he is only 17. Thank-you God for this wonderful person who has, THE WANT, to be evolved in something we all care about. Our rights! If there were more young people like lil freak more things would get done.

Your saying your not trying to bash lil freak. What are you doing then?
Reminding every one about the Ponderosa incident. Which my friend was not his fault. Time to drop this crap and congratulate him for doing a fine job. He is doing great and it is time you all recognize that.

If there are mistakes made, hey you correct them. We all make mistakes, but we don't quit. We keep on keeping on.

I want to tell you lil freak your doing a great job.
Won't be long and you will be 18 and then you will go into the military and fight for our FREEDOM and RIGHTS.
I want to THANK-YOU for making that decision for us.

Keep up the good work.

yes but not done right

HE ORGANIZED IT, he should have informed them they planned on coming during the busiest hours instead of implying they will come in on a dead spot.

Doing what?

Section 8

When did it start?

My contribution is to make sure I do not attend anything that he has set up due to his prior track record. the less people he makes look bad the better IMHO

Nothing is ever accomplished by holding a grudge. No matter if it was his fault or not..have to blame someone, he is the young person lets blame him. Never realizing there is nothing to blame him for. From what I read he talked to the manager and the manager did not inform his staff this was going to happen...

Well it looks to me the only ones he made look bad was those who want to have it done their way. What it looks like to me is he upstaged them and made them mad. Maybe the 17 year old isn't the one who has to grow up. Give credit where credit is due. Those attacking lil freak are acting like a 2 year old who can not have his way...I still think there is hope for them..HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

detroit_fan

imported post

It's a shame some of these posters have to act like children and ruin a good forum. Is there an ignore button on this site so I can quit reading the negative and insulting posts some of these members repeatedly make?