• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Citidel Mall

OCinColorado

imported post

Just got home from the Citidel Mall. To my surprise, and after carrying many, many times before in the mall, I was confronted by 3 city LEO's and one "mall cop". I was informed by these men in uniform that it is against mall policy to openly carry a firearm with in the mall.:what:

They then showed me the sign at the entrance that tells of this policy.

It is not the usual red circle around and crossing through a gun as you might expect.

It is specified in rule 2 of a long list of written "rules of conduct" posted to the right as one enters, between the inner and outer doors.:banghead:

I must say though that the LEO's were all very courteous, and respectful and one of the even told me that "we still live is America" and by all means respects the right to bear arms. One of the other two LEO's told me that he would love having an armed citizen around if "things got bad". Over all it was not an unpleasant experience, just quite unexpected after having going to the mall so many times before OCing.

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

Not only is OC against the rules at the mall, so is CC even with a valid permit as per a conversation with the mall's executive manager after conferring with the property owners in .... wait for it .... Chicago

one of many, many reasons I haven't stepped foot in either mall for several years now

lopoetve

imported post

yeah, but they can't actually keep you from CCing in there. :) They can ask you to leave if you reveal, somehow, but that's about it.

Gunslinger

imported post

lopoetve wrote:
yeah, but they can't actually keep you from CCing in there. :) They can ask you to leave if you reveal, somehow, but that's about it.
I CC there all of the time--wouldn't go there if I didn't, as they do have a crime problem. All they can do is ask you to leave, but if you CC properly it's a non-issue.

OCinColorado

imported post

I guess the only part about this entire scenario that gets me upset, is the fact that I have OC'ed there hundreds of times without any issues, then out of the blue they decide to enforce there stupid rules! At least the LEO's were considerate and supportive of my right to openly bear arms.