View Poll Results: Is MCRGO even worth visiting anymore?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 27.78%
  • No

13 72.22%

Thread: MCRGO

Post imported post

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/d_no_gun_signs.asp

On this site it lists a bunch of places that have "No Firearm" signs. And this is what they say about it,

"When you see a "No-Guns" signs on a retail store, restaurant, bank, credit union or taxpayer funded business, please let us know so we can warn others to shop or go elsewhere while armed. If you knowingly ignore their posting you are guilty of criminal trespass."

Now I may just be crazy but, I thought in Michigan someone actually had to ask you to leave before you can get a trespassing charge. Of course you can't CC in a PFZ, but that is not what they are talking about. I already sent them an email asking them to list which law they are referring to. I am waiting for a reply.

So what are your thoughts?

God Bless
    (kick-butt this was my 500th post)
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

Be careful! I'm sneaking up in your rear view mirror as post #'s go...Muha ha ha ha!

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

I think there has to be proof that you read the sign and blatantly disregarded it in order to be criminal trespass.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

nevermind

Post imported post

What sign?.

Post imported post

I emailed the Michigan Law Library with this exact question. They could not find any law that says a sign ignored would qualify as a trespass.

Post imported post

scot623 wrote:
    I emailed the Michigan Law Library with this exact question. They could not find any law that says a sign ignored would qualify as a trespass.
    Thank you. I am waiting to see if MCRGO even emails me back with a responce, I know they will not find anything.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    God Bless

Post imported post

Even if there was, how can you prove someone saw the sign and disregarded it? That'll be near impossible..
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

well now they can if we say we post on opencarry.org or show them a MOC card. since this topic is here and anyone who open carries, beyond a reasonable doubt, reads these boards

Banned

Post imported post

They still lack proof, which is what you need in a court. I really dont read all of the threads on this site, or any other. It could even be argued that one might specifically avoid such a thread based on personal veiws of the subject matter, or that they were afraid that it might be used against them someday. That should be easily proven through comments on this board which refer to such a thread being used against a member, such comments are quite frequent.

Post imported post

All the more reason to post a list of businesses that specifically ALLOW either OC, CC, or both.
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

I got an email back from MCRGO.

It sites

750.552 Trespass upon lands or premises of another; violation; penalty.

[size=Sec. 552.]

[size=(1) A person shall not do any of the following:]

[size=(a) Enter the lands or premises of another without lawful authority after having been forbidden so to do by the owner or occupant or the agent of the owner or occupant.]

[size=(b) Remain without lawful authority on the land or premises of another after being notified to depart by the owner or occupant or the agent of the owner or occupant.]

[size=(c) Enter or remain without lawful authority on fenced or posted farm property of another person without the consent of the owner or his or her lessee or agent. A request to leave the premises is not a necessary element for a violation of this subdivision. This subdivision does not apply to a person who is in the process of attempting, by the most direct route, to contact the owner or his or her lessee or agent to request consent.]

[size=(2) A person who violates subsection (1) is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than 30 days or by a fine of not more than $250.00, or both.]

[size=

The email sited says that it is highly unlikely that you could get charged with this, but is listedto protect people that visit their sight from over-zealous prosecutor's. (I am para-phrasing.)]

[size=I still think it is BS, I am not worried, first of all when I see a "No Firearms" sign I usually turn around and leave, just because I do not want to patronize an anti 2A establishment.]

[size=My $0.02]

[size=God Bless]
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless

Post imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
    well now they can if we say we post on opencarry.org or show them a MOC card. since this topic is here and anyone who open carries, beyond a reasonable doubt, reads these boards
    There are some who OC and do so because of other sources, like CPL teacher advice. MOC has members with no web access, or even a desire to use the web. Yep, most OCers read this forum, but not all do.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.