• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pocatello open carry

kjmyler

imported post

hey, new to this forum. New to the open carry movement. Thought I would share my outings thus far in bannock county. Yes there are people east of Boise.:D will update as I continue to open carry. Anyone in Pocatello interested in a group outing? Dinner, shooting, picnic/barbeque?
love this site and the OC movement. Any input or OC friendly locations welcomed, thanks.

With shoulder rig and 1911

Jet stop on highway 30: no problems
k-mart in Pocatello: no problems, got a few funny looks
changs garden in Pocatello: no problems
smiths grocery in chubbuck: no problems at all very friendly
pine ridge mall: unfriendly
walmart: very friendly
cal-ranch: no problems
big 5: no problems, although i didnt leave the gun counter

Last edited:

kjmyler

imported post

me too, can't possibly be the only one in Pocatello with the audacity to open carry. Haha. Is it considered kosher to carry in a shoulder rig? I mean its really out there for everyone to see....I guess that's kinda the idea though. I just prefer it to a hip holster or a drop leg.

ecocks

imported post

There'sMark Mayin Blackfoot plus a few othersover that way. Look for him/them on the IdahoCitizens Defense LeagueFacebook page and friend him.

Let us know what events you guys are thinking about and feel free to drive over our way and join in for some moral support if you can spare the time.

kjmyler

imported post

Thanks I'll check that out. My wife and I don't travel west that often, but if events coincide, we would be more than happy to meet some fellow OCers.

ecocks

imported post

If you can actually get a group together on an open Saturday (maybe even Sunday) there are a couple of us willing to drive your way for lunch.

ISRAEL

imported post

I will be happy to go, but I never been there, But if I follow the freeway east I guess I can find that city. I OC. a big 44 magnum and every time people ask questions , I am glad everybody understand my english, sometimesI whear it in a cowboy style. people will ask you, get ready to answer. it is fun and makes you feel free, it does to me.

kjmyler

imported post

actually have a mexican(excuse me if thats not politically correct) friend down here that open carries, so you'll have a spanish speaking counterpart if the need arises. OC'ing is definitly fun though. quite the kick in the pants.

ecocks

imported post

So maybe 3-4 of us can drive over for coffee and a chat sometime.

Any good ranges over that way?

kjmyler

imported post

had the chance to talk with the pocatello city police sergeant today, and was pleasantly surprised to hear how positive and informative he was regarding the open carry movement. i asked if there were any locations he had heard of that were "anti-carry" and he said pocatello is pretty much a OC mecca. he went on to say that his department fully supports the cause and encourages law abiding citizens to exercise their right to bear arms. refreshing to say the least, to hear an officer commend us and get behind our constitutional rights as Americans. i have the utmost respect for informed police officers, living in southern Oregon for a few years led me to believe there were few if any.

on a different note have found about six people locally that OC or would be willing/interested in OC in a park, zoo or some other public property locally to hopefully spread awareness. haven't had any luck organizing an event as of yet, but am still working on it. really impressed with the welcomes, feedback and input in the sort time this post has been up. great to know there are like-minded people out there.

kjmyler

imported post

the 2 1/2 mile range is an excellent facility and would only cost $3 per guest i took in. or i have a 30yd pistol range in my backyard and very understanding neighbors, who would more than likely join in the fun.(i live 16 miles outside of city limits and have about 12 miles of farm fields from my back door eastward)

why arent there any picture threads of the idaho members and their rigs?
would be kind of neat to see.

ISRAEL

imported post

You will find some pictures I took when we had our 1st pic nic here in Boise, you need to go to Facebook and find them,I am not good whith computers but find my name David Diaz and I think that you can find the pictures there, or maybe somebody can explain you better that I can.

Will be nice to see another hispanic O.Cing , right now I guess I am the only one here in Boise, I have not seen any other hispanic doing it yet. (I am from El Salvador)

ecocks

imported post

Search for Idaho Citizen's Defense League on Facebook.

tronson

imported post

You cannot open carry at the mall not illegal but I carried there and they told me to leave as they don't allow it

kjmyler

ah-ha! this has nothing to do with open carry but had to share. ive successfully completed my gun-whore trifecta! picking up my third ww2 era surplus rifle. 1944 m44 izveshk in 7.62x54r. this will keep my k31 and 1917 eddystone company.

Andy

I too am in pocatello, just recently found out the pineridge mall is unfriendly, I have been there hundreds of times and never been hasseled. But now I guess I will take my business elsewhere. on a side note I too have a 1917 eddystone :)

glad to see I am not the only one who open carry's around here

ISRAEL

I too am in pocatello, just recently found out the pineridge mall is unfriendly, I have been there hundreds of times and never been hasseled. But now I guess I will take my business elsewhere. on a side note I too have a 1917 eddystone :)

glad to see I am not the only one who open carry's around here

I do not shop al the Boise Mall anymore, not been there for about 2 years, I do not care what they sell I can find same things in another places, I OC all the times, Last week my wife and I went to the Macys store, and no problems at all. but we didn't go inside the Mall.

Lawman635

Pocatello

Just moved to Pocatello and would love to meet up with some other OC'ers in the area. E-mail me and we will get together sometime.