Thread: Open carry in city parks

Post imported post

The town i often open carry in has no ordanance against OC in the park but I was told by police that it was off limitsl. The park has a no firearms rule posted. I am looking for a public place to preach and one of the local parks seems like a sensable place. I would like your input please along with any legal refrences.

Post imported post

usmcbess wrote:
    The town i often open carry in has no ordanance against OC in the park but I was told by police that it was off limitsl. The park has a no firearms rule posted. I am looking for a public place to preach and one of the local parks seems like a sensable place. I would like your input please along with any legal refrences.
    What, exactly, do the signs say? What city is the park located within? What did the police officer say in response to the fact that there is no ordinance prohibiting OC in city parks?

Post imported post

The sign is text that says NO FIREARMS ALLOWED at the bottom of the list. It is in the city of Pacific about 36 miles west of St.Louis in Franklin county. Now this sign is posted st the city park but i want to do some preaching at another nearby park in the same town that has no signs posted.

Post imported post

usmcbess wrote:
    The sign is text that says NO FIREARMS ALLOWED at the bottom of the list. It is in the city of Pacific about 36 miles west of St.Louis in Franklin county. Now this sign is posted st the city park but i want to do some preaching at another nearby park in the same town that has no signs posted.
    I am familiar with where Pacific is located. Been through there many, many times. Used to occasionally go to "the caves" way back when we were in High School and would cut class.

If the other park is not posted, and there is no city ordinance against OC in city parks, then I'm not sure why there would be a problem?

Post imported post

cshoff wrote:
    Used to occasionally go to "the caves" way back when we were in High School and would cut class.
    You cut class in high school. Wow, I thought I knew you.
    I will not agree with you all the time, deal with it. CASE CLOSED.

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar

Post imported post

City of Pacific

SECTION 230.020: PARK RESTRICTIONS
    A. In any City Park, it shall be unlawful to:

1. Camp overnight without written permission from the Park Board.

2. Enter or remain in any park after park hours.

3. Possess or discharge firearms.

4. Hunt, trap or obtain wildlife by any means.

5. Build fires, except in designated areas or in the barbecue pits and grills provided, unless the Park Board has given prior express permission and the Fire Chief has received prior notification.

6. Solicit any business or service or advertise or vend for sale or hire any goods without prior written approval by the Park Board.

7. Litter

8. Interfere with any group whose exclusive use of park facilities has been granted by permit.

9. Pollute, discolor or contaminate in any manner any body of water found in the park.

10. Cut, pick, damage or remove flowers, trees, shrubs or other vegetation.

11. Damage, deface or remove signs, buildings or any other City property.

12. Drive any licensed motor vehicles, except upon the roads and parking areas designated for such purposes.

13. Exceed the speed limits posted in all park drives, parking lots and roadways.

14. Park any motor vehicle, except upon the roads and parking areas designated for such purposes.

15. Operate any unlicensed motor vehicle.

16. Use any park equipment or facility in a manner inconsistent with its designed or intended purpose.

17. Violate any other regulation, fail to obtain a required permit or pay a required use fee established in this Chapter, or such other regulation, permit or fee as may be hereinafter established and placed on file with the City Clerk after being recommended by the City Park Board and approved by the Board of Aldermen.

Doc

Post imported post

YuppieDog wrote:
    cshoff wrote:
    Used to occasionally go to "the caves" way back when we were in High School and would cut class.
    You cut class in high school. Wow, I thought I knew you.
    Only once or twice.

Post imported post

Thank u very much!

Post imported post

usmcbess wrote:
    What are you planning on doing when you say "preach"?

Post imported post

cash50 wrote:
    What are you planning on doing when you say "preach"?
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate