Thread: Annual Strawberry Festival in Belleville

Post imported post

I have not made it there but I have heard that at the enterance to Main street in Belleville where the festival is being held they have no firearm signs and metal detectors. Has anyone been down there yet? This is a annual festival and I would imagine the city hosts it, they would not be able to lawfully ban firearms from this outdoor event would they?

ETA http://www.nationalstrawberryfest.com/

Post imported post

choover wrote:
    I have not made it there but I have heard that at the enterance to Main street in Belleville where the festival is being held they have no firearm signs and metal detectors. Has anyone been down there yet? This is a annual festival and I would imagine the city hosts it, they would not be able to lawfully ban firearms from this outdoor event would they?
    No not if it is city hoasted. The only way this could be remotely possible if it is a company holding the event and they are renting the property from the city. Although I doubt this is the case.

God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

choover, I have a long standing rule to stay far away from the Strwberry Fest. I'm not surprized at the signs and metal detecters due to the gangs that ruined the festival back a couple years ago.

Post imported post

I've lived in the area my whole life, just trying to find out if it is legal. if gangs are a problem then that is all the more reason to not disarm the honest people of the city

Post imported post

Ya, I'm with ya choover. I'm not sure on the legality either. Probably not.

Post imported post

I'm not in town to be able to go check for myself, I would like to find out though so if they are in violation we can make sure that the city is aware so that this is the last year people have their right to defend themselves suspended

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

Do they serve alcohol? Beer tents? Just curious? I was thinking of going with the family. I find it hard to get my mind around Belleville being over-run by gangs. But then again I grew up in S.W. Detroit so my idea of a gang area may be different than most?
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

It isn't near run over by gangs, they just had some issues a couple of years ago at the festival