• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Annual Strawberry Festival in Belleville

choover

imported post

I have not made it there but I have heard that at the enterance to Main street in Belleville where the festival is being held they have no firearm signs and metal detectors. Has anyone been down there yet? This is a annual festival and I would imagine the city hosts it, they would not be able to lawfully ban firearms from this outdoor event would they?

ETA http://www.nationalstrawberryfest.com/

eastmeyers

imported post

choover wrote:
I have not made it there but I have heard that at the enterance to Main street in Belleville where the festival is being held they have no firearm signs and metal detectors. Has anyone been down there yet? This is a annual festival and I would imagine the city hosts it, they would not be able to lawfully ban firearms from this outdoor event would they?

No not if it is city hoasted. The only way this could be remotely possible if it is a company holding the event and they are renting the property from the city. Although I doubt this is the case.

God Bless

Wglide90

imported post

choover, I have a long standing rule to stay far away from the Strwberry Fest. I'm not surprized at the signs and metal detecters due to the gangs that ruined the festival back a couple years ago.

choover

imported post

I've lived in the area my whole life, just trying to find out if it is legal. if gangs are a problem then that is all the more reason to not disarm the honest people of the city :)

choover

imported post

I'm not in town to be able to go check for myself, I would like to find out though so if they are in violation we can make sure that the city is aware so that this is the last year people have their right to defend themselves suspended

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Do they serve alcohol? Beer tents? Just curious? I was thinking of going with the family. I find it hard to get my mind around Belleville being over-run by gangs. But then again I grew up in S.W. Detroit so my idea of a gang area may be different than most?