• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Celebration Dinner - RESTON, VA - JULY 1st

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Please RSVP for the Reston Dinner

Send an e-mail to philip@virginiasystems.comand in the subject put

RESTON - # (with # equal to the number of people coming including yourself)

In the body of the message, please include your name.

Thanks.. hope to see you there...

Lets make the Reston Dinner the largest celebration dinner in the STATE!!

:celebrate

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

VCDL President wrote:
You're determined to make me drive all the way to Reston to deliver that cake, aren't you, Ed? ;)
If you notice the pic (just right of center).. you are sitting there, I think it is only fitting to come back to where it all began. :)

nova

imported post

I'm likely to attend the Reston dinner, however since I never know when I'll be around NoVA over the summer months I didn't want to put in an official RSVP. Is that ok?

nova

From VA-ALERT:

Here is the final RSVP count for Thursday's restaurant ban repeal celebrations across the state. And the winner of the hand-delivered celebratory cake is.... NORFOLK and by a big margin! Well done, guys and gals!

Actually everyone did pretty well, especially Richmond:

Norfolk: 115
Richmond: 82
Woodbridge: 65
Reston: 48
Vinton: 46
Yorktown: 45
Charlottesville: 29

I will be at the Reston location as we are expecting at least three different media organizations there: the Washington Post, Voice of America, and Nightline.

Hokie

Lone Star Veteran
The cake
vcdlcake.jpg

Thundar

The Cake Is a LIE!

The ban did not infringe on a RIGHT. Concealed Carry is a PRIVELEDGE. Open Carry is the right. Repeal of the ban did NOT restore a RIGHT.

The whole point of diferentiating between Perks for Permittees (P4P) enhancement and restoring Rights seems to be lost on VCDL and Philip.

Shame on Philip and VCDL for holding up this lie.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Last edited:

wylde007

The ban did not infringe on a RIGHT. Concealed Carry is a PRIVILEGE. Open Carry is the right. Repeal of the ban did NOT restore a RIGHT.
I respectfully disagree.

Nowhere does the [broadly ignored] Constitution of the U.S. nor the Virginia Constitution explicitly state or even IMPLY that:

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, as long as they do so openly, shall not be infringed.

No, sir. Conceal carry is a "privilege" that governments have invented to provide themselves with artificial authority and oversight of the People to which they are not entitled. Don't kid yourself. By making statements like yours you are acceding to unlawful ordinances of government which INFRINGE on our natural rights.

WE are the sovereigns - not government. When government gets to decide when, who, where and how we may defend ourselves, they usurp. It's just that simple.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Come on Guys.

The session is over. Old News, bad memories for some of us.

We had a good time last night and I celebrated McDonald and wore my 44, made the mainstream media fighting mad and really enjoyed myself.

Lets concentrate on NEXT session now!

Thundar

I respectfully disagree.

Nowhere does the [broadly ignored] Constitution of the U.S. nor the Virginia Constitution explicitly state or even IMPLY that:

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, as long as they do so openly, shall not be infringed.

No, sir. Conceal carry is a "privilege" that governments have invented to provide themselves with artificial authority and oversight of the People to which they are not entitled. Don't kid yourself. By making statements like yours you are acceding to unlawful ordinances of government which INFRINGE on our natural rights.

WE are the sovereigns - not government. When government gets to decide when, who, where and how we may defend ourselves, they usurp. It's just that simple.

Wydle, in principle I agree with you. That is why I like the permissive open/concealed carry that law that Arizona passes being called "Constitutional Carry". Reality is that in the Commonwealth Concealed Carry is a priveledge subject to the whims of the legislature. Fighting for Constitutional Carry would be a fight for the restoration of our rights.

VCDL, however, has accepted the legitimacy of the concealed carry laws and simply tries to enhance the priveledges (perks) for permittees (P4P). So in the VCDL context, where Concealed Carry laws which have converted a right into a priveledge have not been challenged, the enhancement of the priveledge is certainly not the restoration of a right.

It is also interesting to note that some on the VCDL Board benefit from Concealed Carry Training Industry.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Thundar

Come on Peter, Philip knew what he was doing

Come on Guys.

The session is over. Old News, bad memories for some of us.

We had a good time last night and I celebrated McDonald and wore my 44, made the mainstream media fighting mad and really enjoyed myself.

Lets concentrate on NEXT session now!

Peter,

We both know that Philip knew what he was doing. He participated in our previous forum discussions.

The cake uses a semicolon, indicating that what is before the semicolon is defined by what is after the semicolon. What is before the semicolon is Rights Restored. What is after the semicolon is Ban Repealed.

Rights Restoration was a complete failure this year. Like I said before if the gathering was for gun RIGHTS restoration it should have been a wake, not a party.

There is a rift between those that believe in Gun Rights and those that believe in P4P. I thought that there had been some good discussion and some coming together, but the slap in the face message on the cake is clear.

If you think I am wrong, then think about what VCDL is celebrating. Then think about the cake if it was a party for the MacDonald ruling. That was really rights restored and Ban repealed (Reversed and remanded, but really it will be repealed). Where is the party and the joyous celebration for the 2A? Not coming from VCDL, nope. Their party is for P4P

Shame on Philip, shame on VCDL.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

wylde007

@Thundar:

Some of your posture I agree with. Others, not so much.

Conceal carry is a "privilege" in that we have allowed, over subsequent generations, for it to be usurped by the legislature and unscrupulous AGs and courts.

This event (or set of events) does not provide P4P. This is one of the few instances where lawful OC actually had more "privilege" than CC and the new law provided a small amount of parity in restaurants where now a person can choose for himself how to carry, rather than being forced by statute to reveal to remain "lawfully" armed.

Constitutional carry is indeed the only way to go but... if all of the states acceded to that notion then this forum might also be considered unnecessary. ;)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
No, you're right about the punctuation. I also think an intentional slap on the face is the last thing Philip wants or intends to do.

There is a rift and it may not get closed. I can't say until I see where the wind blows this fall.

All I'm saying is that this issue is history now and we need to see what the near future holds.

We've all had our say and it's up to the leadership to decide what course to follow and it's up to us to decide if we want to sail on that ship.
In the meantime, I'm not going to become anti VCDL. That doesn't help any of us and to be honest, I am still proud to be a member.
Damned unhappy about the direction of last year but not ready to bail out yet.

Thundar

@Thundar:

Constitutional carry is indeed the only way to go but... if all of the states acceded to that notion then this forum might also be considered unnecessary. ;)

How likely do you think a "constitutional carry" bill will make it to the next session?

I wish that the necessity of this forum would be questionnable. A Nation with a government that lives within the constitutional limitations. That is the Libertarian Dream. Maybe someday I will have grandchildren, and they will live in the land of limited government.

But in the real world we have petty tyrants like Mayor Daly.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar