• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll

Which one best chacterizes the NRA and there action on the Disclose Act?

• caucasian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • black

• hispanic

• asian

• Total voters

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

eye95 wrote:

Ah, ye olde insulte.

Moving on.

BTW, if it's there and you want it, you could get it. But, don't bother now. I am no longer interested.

You've read and quoted what has already been re-posted here from the nra-ila.

"The NRA is a single-issue organization made up of millions of individual members dedicated to protecting the Second Amendment. We do not represent the interests of other organizations."

It is pretty clear what the position of the NRA is. They are a single issue organization. They do not represent other organizations. They got their exemption and got out.

eye95

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
eye95 wrote:
BTW, if it's there and you want it, you could get it. But, don't bother now. I am no longer interested.

"The NRA is a single-issue organization made up of millions of individual members dedicated to protecting the Second Amendment. We do not represent the interests of other organizations."

It is pretty clear what the position of the NRA is. They are a single issue organization. They do not represent other organizations. They got their exemption and got out.
Those sentences does not say what you claim they do.

Please either find evidence that the NRA specifically changed their action--or said they did or would.

I am not defending the NRA. I ended my membership years ago. I just can't stand folks making assertions on either side of an issue, and then not backing them up. The statements that you choose to quote do not back up the assertion that the NRA stopped actively opposing the DISCLOSE Act.

I am not saying they didn't stop. I don't know. I'd sure like to find out one way or the other, and, frankly, I have seen more and better support that they haven't stopped opposing the bill.

rodbender

imported post

eye95 wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
eye95 wrote:

Those sentences does not say what you claim they do.

Please either find evidence that the NRA specifically changed their action--or said they did or would.

I am not defending the NRA. I ended my membership years ago. I just can't stand folks making assertions on either side of an issue, and then not backing them up. The statements that you choose to quote do not back up the assertion that the NRA stopped actively opposing the DISCLOSE Act.

I am not saying they didn't stop. I don't know. I'd sure like to find out one way or the other, and, frankly, I have seen more and better support that they haven't stopped opposing the bill.
They DO still oppose it. They are just NOT TAKING AN ACTIVE ROLL in it.The last line of the analogy is: "The white guy says, "While I do not support the ban, I'm exempt nowand will no longer actively protest it."