• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Annual Open-Carry walk - July 4th in Manitowoc

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Found this on AR15.COM

the 2nd Annual Open-Carry walk is scheduled for July 4th in Manitowoc.

Gathering at 0800 at 7th and Quay St:

From I43, exit 149 (US Hwy 151) north. At the Franklin Street/26th Street abortion - er, I mean intersection - (see the WalGreens on the left) bear left onto Washington Street. Continue east on Washington Street. to 8th Street. (See Courthouse on the right) Turn left on 8th street. 3 blocks, Quay Street turn right and you'll see a little park on the right. That is the starting point. (I THINK this event may coincide with the local Tea Party event.)

We should start walking at 0900. Last year we walked north up 8th street a few blocks, cut west to 10th street and south back to Quay street. I don't think we even went a mile! Uniform of the day is HOLSTERED pistols. Last year, there were people with shoulder rigs, thigh rigs, standard belt holsters and even some cowboy style gunbelts - complete with 6-shooters!

BROKENSPROKET

Can you post a link?

Found this on AR15.COM

the 2nd Annual Open-Carry walk is scheduled for July 4th in Manitowoc.

Gathering at 0800 at 7th and Quay St:

From I43, exit 149 (US Hwy 151) north. At the Franklin Street/26th Street abortion - er, I mean intersection - (see the WalGreens on the left) bear left onto Washington Street. Continue east on Washington Street. to 8th Street. (See Courthouse on the right) Turn left on 8th street. 3 blocks, Quay Street turn right and you'll see a little park on the right. That is the starting point. (I THINK this event may coincide with the local Tea Party event.)

We should start walking at 0900. Last year we walked north up 8th street a few blocks, cut west to 10th street and south back to Quay street. I don't think we even went a mile! Uniform of the day is HOLSTERED pistols. Last year, there were people with shoulder rigs, thigh rigs, standard belt holsters and even some cowboy style gunbelts - complete with 6-shooters!

Can you provide a link to the post on AR15.com? I could not find it.