• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Burien's Wild Strawberry Festival

Leatherneck

imported post

I was OC with my coat on so it was covering the handle. I spotted someone approaching me from behind. It was security. He told me I was "brandishing" a little. So I corrected him and told him it's open carry. And that's where the conversation ended.

I got a pamphlet out of my car and handed it to him the next time I saw him.

A little later, he came up and asked if I had anymore pamphlets. Him and his buddies were joking that we should get shirts made up that say "This is legal" and have an arrow pointing to the piece.

We then discussed what we were carrying and all was well. We may even have some new members coming aboard. :D

So... anyone in the area want to go to the Father's Day car show in Burien? I'll be there!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Great job!!!!! That's what I find most people just don't realize it's legal, and they actually don't have a problem with the gun or gun carrier.

amzbrady

imported post

I so wish we could get Brandishing removed from the RCW since no one seems to know what it means.

Merriam Webster 1 :[/b] to shake or wave (as a weapon) menacingly2[/b] :[/b] to exhibit in an ostentatious or aggressive manner

The Free Dictionary 1. To wave or flourish (a weapon, for example) menacingly.
2. To display ostentatiously.ostentatious Characterized by or given to ostentation; pretentious This word is like a hole in a donut, useless.

Here is what brandishing looks like. http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/19/motorcyclist-arrested-for-recording-cop-brandishing-gun-with-hel/

amzbrady

imported post

Lurkus Maximus wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
I so wish we could get Brandishing removed from the RCW since no one seems to know what it means.
I can't find "brandishing" mentioned in the RCWs. Can you tell me where to look?

yea, duh, sorry I keep thinking that brandishing is in 9.41.270 because people say "brandishing" so much. It's not in there.

SaintJacque

imported post

Leatherneck wrote:
I was OC with my coat on so it was covering the handle. I spotted someone approaching me from behind. It was security. He told me I was "brandishing" a little. So I corrected him and told him it's open carry. And that's where the conversation ended.

I got a pamphlet out of my car and handed it to him the next time I saw him.

A little later, he came up and asked if I had anymore pamphlets. Him and his buddies were joking that we should get shirts made up that say "This is legal" and have an arrow pointing to the piece.

We then discussed what we were carrying and all was well. We may even have some new members coming aboard. :D

So... anyone in the area want to go to the Father's Day car show in Burien? I'll be there!
Very cool!

Matt85

imported post

nicely done, we should all carry pamphlets. ive found that keeping a couple in myrange bag and a couple in my truck works best. ya never know when a potential member could come along.

-matt