Thread: 4th of july

Post imported post

New Era 4th of July membership drive come on people its coming up lets do this one big

Banned

Post imported post

new era?
    where the hell is that?
    brb goin to google maps lol

awe dang man thats too far for me to make it and be back for the plans i got on the fourth
    hope the drive goes well!

Post imported post

What the heck is going on?? It's already June 20th and I don't see any announcements for the 4th of July. I heard rumors of some bigger OC events for the 4th but you'd think out of curtasy for those looking to attend someone would have made some announcements by now. What's up????

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    What the heck is going on?? It's already June 20th and I don't see any announcements for the 4th of July. I heard rumors of some bigger OC events for the 4th but you'd think out of curtasy for those looking to attend someone would have made some announcements by now. What's up????
    Yeah....what Mike said :shock:
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

New Era is on the West side of the state in the (L.P.).

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=new+er...ed=0CBgQ8gEwAA

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

You know what would have been cool? A OC "camp out" in this area. It's next to a National forest & not far from silver lake rec. area. Oh well maybe next year.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Ill be up at Skidway Lake cleanin up the property. gotta get ready....
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

as much as id love to,i already have plans to spend a week camping in the U.P. with danielle and her friend alyssa....
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:

Mike you are a member and know whats going on you could have been posting about the event also!!!!

I posted something about it 6 days ago http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/45993.html
    so there was an announcement made so before commenting please look a little!!!!!!!!!!

so why the whats up question?????

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    as much as id love to,i already have plans to spend a week camping in the U.P. with danielle and her friend alyssa....
    "I wouldn't camp out for 5 days if I was....camping" -- Ron White :P
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

cabman1 wrote:
    mikestilly wrote:

Mike you are a member and know whats going on you could have been posting about the event also!!!!

I posted something about it 6 days ago http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/45993.html
    so there was an announcement made so before commenting please look a little!!!!!!!!!!

so why the whats up question?????
    Cab the thread you posted had no specifics. 4th of July looks to be a bust to me. At least for the OC folks.

Post imported post

ok,ill be pitchin a tent for a week and throwin my worm out for a little fishin
    does that sound better?:whatno those were not meant to be sexual remarks)

and since ill be 18,dont be suprised if i OC the 870 all throughout the hiawatha national forest(not heading into town armed of course,a long arm in town like that would just cause problems i dont want)

ill be just out of camp 7 lake(NW of manistique) in the hiawatha national forest.
    few hundred yards to the NE of the campground,directly east of gooseneck lake a bit.

to be exact,46°04'03.44"N 86° 30' 25.80"W

small clearing near a lake just off a barely used 2 track

gives me seclusion,offroading areas(the 2 tracks) and its within walking distance to danielle's cabin over on gooseneck lake.

*EDIT*
    according to her text,we're instead going to meet halfway,my cabin in presque isle county about 10 miles SE of Onaway.

any of you that will be in the area should come on over

Post imported post

;
    mickstilly wrote:
    ((((((Cab the thread you posted had no specifics. 4th of July looks to be a bust to me. At least for the OC folks.)))))))

just remember you could have set something up 2 instead of just being a critic about everything

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    ok,ill be pitchin a tent for a week and throwin my worm out for a little fishin
    does that sound better?:what:LMAO(no those were not meant to be sexual remarks)

and since ill be 18,dont be suprised if i OC the 870 all throughout the hiawatha national forest(not heading into town armed of course,a long arm in town like that would just cause problems i dont want)

Be sure you have a small game license.

From the DNR website:
    http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...1578--,00.html

License Requirement - Possession of Firearms and Bows and Arrows
    A person taking or attempting to take game and in possession of a firearm, slingshot or bow and arrow must have the appropriate hunting license with them and the identification used to purchase that license and exhibit both upon demand of a Michigan Conservation Officer, a Tribal Conservation Officer or any other law enforcement officer.
    A hunting license is not required when target practicing or sighting-in a firearm at an identifiable, artificially constructed target, and there is no attempt to take game. A hunting license is not required for the carrying of a pistol for personal protection by a camper, hiker or person engaged in other recreational activities if there is no attempt to take game.

If you ask me, it leaves too much "gray area" in regards to possessing a rifle/shotgun if you're not target practicing. Pistols are specifically exempted. Hunting seasons open year round include Opossum, Skunks, Weasels (the animal, not politicians), Red Squirels, Porcupines, etc.

Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

cabman1 wrote:
    ;
    mickstilly wrote:
    ((((((Cab the thread you posted had no specifics. 4th of July looks to be a bust to me. At least for the OC folks.)))))))

just remember you could have set something up 2 instead of just being a critic about everything
    Not being a critic. I was told some specifics by another individual whom had an event planned for us people in the southeast. I'd be happy to help out. I should make some phone calls to see wtf is going on.

Post imported post

yeah i already have all my permits for the year,both hunting and fishing.

i expect to see no problems,nothing illegal will be done.

Post imported post

I can't make it way out to New Era, if that's what everyone plans on doing (this post is kind of confusing with the LACK of information posted on it) however, you bet your bottom dollar on the 4th I'll be sporting my 2A OC rights. If the wife doesn't like it, I guess that means we'll be missing the fireworks this year.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

I will be at the cottage in pentwater, so could come down for a little bit. What kind of event are u thinking.

Post imported post

me?

heck,id do lunch in town. theres a store up there id like to get to be OC friendly anyways(parrots outpost),and perhaps a resturaunt too(woodwinds).