Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Carried a few places yesterday

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318

    Post imported post

    Yesterday (6/19), I carried into Kohl's in Sussex to shop for some wedding presents. I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I asked for help. The lady who helped me for a 15 minutes I don't think even noticed, or if she did, didn't care. I then had to get some new HAM equipment, so I headed to AES in Milwaukee. One of the gentleman had noticed my XD and eventually asked me after about 5 minutes. He asked me my line of work, to which I just replied that WI is an OC state and told him 4 of the 5 places you cannot carry (I often have trouble remembering all 5 when asked by people). We talked a little bit about guns after that.

    All-in-all, good day yesterday.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  2. #2
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187

    Post imported post

    protias wrote:
    (I often have trouble remembering all 5 when asked by people).
    Me too.

    GFSZ, GB, parks, bars, and cars

    That is what I try to remember when I list them with explanation.



  3. #3
    Regular Member Canard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    148

    Post imported post

    BROKENSPROKET wrote:
    protias wrote:
    (I often have trouble remembering all 5 when asked by people).*
    Me too.

    GFSZ, GB, parks, bars, and cars

    That is what I try to remember when I list them with explanation.

    *
    State PARKS to be clear.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Plankton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Posts
    414

    Post imported post

    protias wrote:
    Yesterday (6/19), I carried into Kohl's in Sussex to shop for some wedding presents. I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I asked for help. The lady who helped me for a 15 minutes I don't think even noticed, or if she did, didn't care. I then had to get some new HAM equipment, so I headed to AES in Milwaukee. One of the gentleman had noticed my XD and eventually asked me after about 5 minutes. He asked me my line of work, to which I just replied that WI is an OC state and told him 4 of the 5 places you cannot carry (I often have trouble remembering all 5 when asked by people). We talked a little bit about guns after that.

    All-in-all, good day yesterday.
    If I would've known you were backin Wisconsin, I would've called the State Patrol.:P
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    Which includes government owned buildings?

  6. #6
    Regular Member Canard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    148

    Post imported post

    Doug Huffman wrote:
    Which includes government owned buildings?
    "GB" = Government Buildings

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318

    Post imported post

    Plankton wrote:
    protias wrote:
    Yesterday (6/19), I carried into Kohl's in Sussex to shop for some wedding presents. I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I asked for help. The lady who helped me for a 15 minutes I don't think even noticed, or if she did, didn't care. I then had to get some new HAM equipment, so I headed to AES in Milwaukee. One of the gentleman had noticed my XD and eventually asked me after about 5 minutes. He asked me my line of work, to which I just replied that WI is an OC state and told him 4 of the 5 places you cannot carry (I often have trouble remembering all 5 when asked by people). We talked a little bit about guns after that.

    All-in-all, good day yesterday.
    If I would've known you were backin Wisconsin, I would've called the State Patrol.:P
    What law have I broken?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  8. #8
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025

    Post imported post

    protias wrote:
    Yesterday (6/19), I carried into Kohl's in Sussex to shop for some wedding presents. I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I asked for help. The lady who helped me for a 15 minutes I don't think even noticed, or if she did, didn't care. I then had to get some new HAM equipment, so I headed to AES in Milwaukee. One of the gentleman had noticed my XD and eventually asked me after about 5 minutes. He asked me my line of work, to which I just replied that WI is an OC state and told him 4 of the 5 places you cannot carry (I often have trouble remembering all 5 when asked by people). We talked a little bit about guns after that.

    All-in-all, good day yesterday.
    Very cool. Carry on
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox


    We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

  9. #9
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047

    Post imported post

    protias wrote:
    What law have I broken?
    Impersonating a police officer with your Hyundai!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    Not a crime in Wisconsin where impersonation requires intent to deceive to be a crime - not possible with a Houndai HuskyDog.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •