• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Banned from carrying oc or cc?

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

how can they ban you if you were

dishonorably discharced from the military

had a dui

i think there are a few other reasons but what if it was when you were young and stupid?

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

its not me

but if a soldier decides to jump ship they shouldnt hold that against him

now if he killed another soldier i can see that

the dui thing kinda bugs me also i have a bunch of jersey friends that gotthem when they were young

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

ericfrompahrump wrote:
its not me

the dui thing kinda bugs me also i have a bunch of jersey friends that gotthem when they were young

Soldiers kill soldiers all of the time, it's called friendly fire.

Too many DUI's in Tennessee gets the handgun carry permit revoked. Many who get a DUI plead it down anyway.

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
ericfrompahrump wrote:
its not me

Soldiers kill soldiers all of the time, it's called friendly fire.

Too many DUI's in Tennessee gets the handgun carry permit revoked. Many who get a DUI plead it down anyway.
plead it down? does that mean you keep your drivers license

ecocks

imported post

Being young and stupid still has a price, that is what your parents should have tried to teach you when you were growing up. It's not a Get Out of Paying for Your Mistakes Card in the game of life.

With the DD, for starter's the basic theory would be that since you were unfit to defend the country or complete your enlistment term as agreed upon, you are unfit to be trusted with a firearm among the population.

Obviously, many offenses which would be felonies for civilians result in DD's for military personnel.

As for the DUI, many people find it indicative of civic irresponsibility when someone is found to have been DUI since it shows a lack of judgment and concern for others.

You can always apply for a pardon.

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

a guy i work with had his wifes crotch grabed in a bar and this guy was 1 big electrician he broke a bar stool over a guys head and somehow broke his trachea he went to jail

so most likely hes prohibited not that you can have a gun in jersey anyway

ecocks

imported post

Shame that the military didn't agree with his story then.

Maybe he should stay out of bars?

Orgo without his wife.

fm2176

From the standpoint of a service member, I completely agree with preventing those who earn a dishonorable discharge from obtaining weapons. A dishonorable is not just handed out. I was a Chaser for a couple of years and sat in a court martial for a younger Soldier who'd gone AWOL with a buddy, spent over a month on a drug binge (the judge named at least 5 illegal drugs found in his system) and finally turned himself in. He served a few months in the brig and received a bad conduct discharge, meaning technically he is still able to buy firearms. His buddy got about the same punishment. Even habitual screw-ups are usually shown the door with a general discharge; most problems in the Army are dealt with through non-judicial punishment, including desertion.

As for the guy who claims that "soldiers kill soldiers all the time", get your head out of your fourth point of contact.