• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bass Pro Springfield MO

tweeder

imported post

today i decided to head out to bass pro in springfield to throw some lead down the range and check it out. first im new to springfield and MO so i wanted to see why everyone keeps talking about this place. when i arrive im amazedthat this place is freakishly huge. anyway i tend to open carry alot however coming from michigan i didnt want to try pushing my luck just yet here. so i put the gear in my range bag and head out. the bass pro in michigan has some days they allow OC and some days they dont. its hit and miss there. when i walk in the doors a gentleman sees me coming and waves me over to his direction. i meet him at his desk and open the bag for him to check my firearm. when i open the bag he sees my holsters. he kinda gives me a weird look and informs me that if i would prefer, put on my holster, and i could carry it in the store so he didnt have to put the lock on it. before i could even get a word out he tells me that springfield MO isin aOC legal countyand i was more than welcome to OC my sidearm while in the store. i went there trying to avoid problems by Oc'ing and he is alomst insisting that i do. while making my way over to the range i noticed i wasnt alone OC'in. Not one person even a uniformed LEO gave me a second look. i shot about 200 rounds went back upstairs, decided i was in such a good mood from there hospitality that i needed to buy a couple goodies. thanks bass pro for keeping your employees informed on laws. great job and i will be back shopping soon.:lol:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Nope, only some of them do.

Glad to hear about the good reception you got there OP.

tweeder

imported post

Yea the one in springfield only has 6 lanes. its not the biggest but no problems getting on a lane. does anyone know of any state land around to get out and shoot? preferably somewhere i can open up my .50 cal

YuppieDog

imported post

Sure, the one in St. Charles has a range. It's in the basement. Just go in and take the elevator down. :shock:

We aregoing there next Sat. instead of Starbucks. You coming ?

xd_9mm

imported post

The closest place to shoot one of them is about 1 and half hours away in Houston Missouri its called big piney sportsmans club cheak out there web site to find out more info on it

xd_9mm

imported post

no you caint shoot a 50 bmg at any shooting ranges around here at all there is sighn up at all of them

tweeder

imported post

hmm. i dont mean shooting ranges. im actually talking about state land. like if i wanted to go hunting. or does missouri regulate what i can and cant hunt with? with a small game liscense i should be able to discharge any weapon on state land.

xd_9mm

imported post

I don't know about hunting with it but the shooting ranges are on state land is why I said that there owned by conservation department

goalseter88

imported post

yah i sure you could go shoot on some state land. i know there some around here but not familiar wher exactly. since i never done so. as far as a game license i dont know if that help yah since your not allowed to use a 50 cal to hunt down here. or atleast thats what i was told.

tweeder

imported post

i just want to CMA cause in michigan you have to have a game liscense to posses a loaded firearm in the woods. its just different that i have never even heard of a target range on state land. where im from we just pull over onto state land anywhere we want, set up some targets and fire away.

cshoff

imported post

tweeder wrote:
i just want to CMA cause in michigan you have to have a game liscense to posses a loaded firearm in the woods. its just different that i have never even heard of a target range on state land. where im from we just pull over onto state land anywhere we want, set up some targets and fire away.
The Andy Dalton Conservation Area and Shooting Range isn't too far from Springfield: http://mdc.mo.gov/areas/ranges/a_dalton/

I don't see a prohibition on .50 Caliber firearms at the range either, but a phone call or email may be a good idea before you head out.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Last year I believe the only ammo restriction on deer season was "center fire" which I thought was kinda bogus since anything lower than a 9mm in pistol is going to be quite questionable wound and suffer vs kill shot. Deer hunting with a 380 or 32 is insane and cruel in my thoughts and I kinda liked the old .30 rifle or larger with exceptions for the 270 nd I think 243

xd_9mm

imported post

There is a sighn up at the Andy Dalton shooting rang that says no 50 cal bmg me and goalsetter88 go there to shoot all the time its in boise d arch

cash50

imported post

LMTD wrote:
Last year I believe the only ammo restriction on deer season was "center fire" which I thought was kinda bogus since anything lower than a 9mm in pistol is going to be quite questionable wound and suffer vs kill shot. Deer hunting with a 380 or 32 is insane and cruel in my thoughts and I kinda liked the old .30 rifle or larger with exceptions for the 270 nd I think 243
That's a big can of worms to open...:lol: