Thread: How long did you have to wait for your GFL to come in mail?

Post imported post

I just got my license switched from Florida to Georgia which now means my Florida Concealed Weapon License is no longer valid. I am going down to the probate court tomorrow morning to apply for my GFL. I know what the law says about the required time in which it must come to you, but I wanted to know how long it actually took you guys to get yours? I hate being without a gun when I go around town; I feel naked. Thanks..

Post imported post

All counties in GA are different.

I have not read anything specifically about Glynn County.

Timeframes in GA range from 30 minutes(Pickens Co.) to 6 months (Dekalb Co.)

If you don't get a response here you may want to try http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

Post imported post

hey matt mine took about 12 day in Glynn County

Post imported post

Still waiting on my GWL...

Update on GFL

I just got it back. It took five days in all. I applied Monday morning, got it in the mail Friday. I was amazed how fast it came. I don't if it helped because I already had a Florida Concealed Weapon License. I'm thinking it did. Also, I put my social security down, that might help too.
    Last edited by mattmed; 06-26-2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

Quote Originally Posted by mattmed View Post
    I just got it back. It took five days in all. I applied Monday morning, got it in the mail Friday. I was amazed how fast it came. I don't if it helped because I already had a Florida Concealed Weapon License. I'm thinking it did. Also, I put my social security down, that might help too.

is our probate up for election?? maybe she just isnt wanting to alienate voters

Update on GFL

My wife also just got hers in 4 days. She applied on Friday morning and received it in the mail on Wednesday. This was again in Glynn County. Pretty amazing..

awesome times for glynn county. doesnt make up for the poor performance of the leo's there though.

Quote Originally Posted by 270sniper View Post
    awesome times for glynn county. doesnt make up for the poor performance of the leo's there though.
    Ain't that the truth? I just hope with the new laws being passed it maybe ties their hands a little more. I don't see much they can do know besides detaining and harassing for no reason.

I had to wait 30 days for the Honorable Keith Woods of The Probate Court of Cherokee County to issue my Georiga Weapons Carry License, notwithstanding the fact that He Himself admitted nothing disqualified me from the issuance of The Weapons Carry License.
    He pushed it to the limit that Georgia Law would allow..., 30 days..., per Georgia Code Leg. Acts. 2010, 16-11-129(j).

Quote Originally Posted by mattmed View Post
    Ain't that the truth? I just hope with the new laws being passed it maybe ties their hands a little more. I don't see much they can do know besides detaining and harassing for no reason.
    the first of a series of videos from glynn county....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S1rMA-K5WU