• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long did you have to wait for your GFL to come in mail?

mattmed

imported post

I just got my license switched from Florida to Georgia which now means my Florida Concealed Weapon License is no longer valid. I am going down to the probate court tomorrow morning to apply for my GFL. I know what the law says about the required time in which it must come to you, but I wanted to know how long it actually took you guys to get yours? I hate being without a gun when I go around town; I feel naked. Thanks..

mattmed

Update on GFL

I just got it back. It took five days in all. I applied Monday morning, got it in the mail Friday. I was amazed how fast it came. I don't if it helped because I already had a Florida Concealed Weapon License. I'm thinking it did. Also, I put my social security down, that might help too.

Last edited:

rmodel65

I just got it back. It took five days in all. I applied Monday morning, got it in the mail Friday. I was amazed how fast it came. I don't if it helped because I already had a Florida Concealed Weapon License. I'm thinking it did. Also, I put my social security down, that might help too.

is our probate up for election?? maybe she just isnt wanting to alienate voters

mattmed

Update on GFL

My wife also just got hers in 4 days. She applied on Friday morning and received it in the mail on Wednesday. This was again in Glynn County. Pretty amazing..

270sniper

awesome times for glynn county. doesnt make up for the poor performance of the leo's there though.

mattmed

awesome times for glynn county. doesnt make up for the poor performance of the leo's there though.

Ain't that the truth? I just hope with the new laws being passed it maybe ties their hands a little more. I don't see much they can do know besides detaining and harassing for no reason.

aadvark

I had to wait 30 days for the Honorable Keith Woods of The Probate Court of Cherokee County to issue my Georiga Weapons Carry License, notwithstanding the fact that He Himself admitted nothing disqualified me from the issuance of The Weapons Carry License.
He pushed it to the limit that Georgia Law would allow..., 30 days..., per Georgia Code Leg. Acts. 2010, 16-11-129(j).