• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NO GUNS SIGNS

ogroup

imported post

Yes AZ is moving to be the 3rd in the nation for no permit require to carry a weapon so what.....I get tired of seeing businesseseverywhere with no carry of firearms. So why are we putting up with theseBS from the business and malls, bars, etc? We need to stand united on this, so these businesses understand that the person carrying a weapon has numbers behind them and we need to start boycotting these place to let them know that their decisions will COST themMONEY to their business if they do not take down the signs.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Respect private property. End of story. Or... patronize elsewhere.

So what? Go home...

Sonora Rebel

imported post

ogroup wrote:
Typical response from uneducated person
Typical response from stupid yankee transplant. Boy.... you have no freakin' IDEA who the hell you're talkin' to. Word up... shut up.How long have you carried a pistol boy... 'couple of weeks?

ogroup

imported post

Sonora Rebelyou are one with the mouth. What the matter 1st does not mean anything to you?

ogroup

imported post

I did been long enough to understand the BS here....So instead of mouthing off into the wind speak some actual stuff to listen instead of BS

Sonora Rebel

imported post

ogroup wrote:
I did been long enough to understand the BS here....So instead of mouthing off into the wind speak some actual stuff to listen instead of BS
You can't even write a proper sentence. Piss off,junior. English seems not to be your first language.

ogroup

imported post

I been long enough to understand the BS here....So instead of mouthing off into the wind speak some actual stuff to listen to instead of BS from your mouth

We-the-People

Or...just keep your weapon out of sight and ignore the sign.

WRONG.

Take your weapon elsewhere and go out of your way to make sure they know they've lost your business and that of anyone you influence.

Concealing and giving your dollars to the anti businesses only keeps them in business. Going elsewhere without telling them why they're not getting YOUR money (and your friends money) does the cause no good.

I will go out of my way to make anti businesses understand that they're losing money. I'll save up my receipts and then deliver them, without making a purchase, to let them know they're losing money. I've even printed the "friend or foe" page and shown them that they've been identified online as "anti-gun" and it's costing them money. Thankfully there's only one retail location (the mall) here that I've been told "no can carry" but that mall has a lot of businesses that get a little packet of receipts with a note saying "I might have bought this here except for the "no self defense" policy. The only other place is the local bar where I haven't set foot since learning of their no firearms owner.

Thoreau

WRONG.

Take your weapon elsewhere and go out of your way to make sure they know they've lost your business and that of anyone you influence.

Concealing and giving your dollars to the anti businesses only keeps them in business. Going elsewhere without telling them why they're not getting YOUR money (and your friends money) does the cause no good.

I will go out of my way to make anti businesses understand that they're losing money. I'll save up my receipts and then deliver them, without making a purchase, to let them know they're losing money. I've even printed the "friend or foe" page and shown them that they've been identified online as "anti-gun" and it's costing them money. Thankfully there's only one retail location (the mall) here that I've been told "no can carry" but that mall has a lot of businesses that get a little packet of receipts with a note saying "I might have bought this here except for the "no self defense" policy. The only other place is the local bar where I haven't set foot since learning of their no firearms owner.

+1 to everything you said here.

I'd also add that while there is the mission of helping out the whole 2A community, there's also the *minor* details of legality knowingly ignoring such signs IS trespassing...) and morality. Those who would violate the rights of a property owner out of their own ignorance (thinking that their own rights trump all others) are just that... ignorant. That, and I could never understand the desire some folks have to SHOVE money down the throats fo businesses that obviously don't want that money. Generally, when someone wants to suspend the 2nd amendment on their property, I try to give them LESS money, not more.

doninvegas

These signs are not a new thing....30 years ago back in Ohio, we would just band together and make up some signs and picket the store with about 25 or 30 OCers....The signs we carried would let the public know why we were taking our money elsewhere...
I don't think there is many problems in Ohio any longer..
We kicked there butts in Las Vegas also...with signs and walks and lots of activities....and it was enjoyable too...

Thoreau

These signs are not a new thing....30 years ago back in Ohio, we would just band together and make up some signs and picket the store with about 25 or 30 OCers....The signs we carried would let the public know why we were taking our money elsewhere...
I don't think there is many problems in Ohio any longer..
We kicked there butts in Las Vegas also...with signs and walks and lots of activities....and it was enjoyable too...

Not to belittle the efforts, but the best AZ seems to have is the monthly Open Carry dinner events. Lotsa fun, great people, etc. but it's certainly not breaking any new ground (other than making for some wide-eyed old people at the local buffet) by being held at known pro-2a eateries.

It would be nice to see a bit more activism, but (I'm guilty too of course) there isn't a lot of leadership on that front. More events like the light rail OC trip, or OC BBQ's are public parks, etc. would go a long way I would think. Also, picking out a known anti-eatery, visiting a pro-2a location nearby, then returning with a stack of receipts... well that would at LEAST be fun for us, if not effective =)

Most of the activism events (at least around Phoenix) are spearheaded by just a couple main folks over at AZ Shooting.

Last edited:

crisisweasel

Not to belittle the efforts, but the best AZ seems to have is the monthly Open Carry dinner events. Lotsa fun, great people, etc. but it's certainly not breaking any new ground (other than making for some wide-eyed old people at the local buffet) by being held at known pro-2a eateries.

It would be nice to see a bit more activism, but (I'm guilty too of course) there isn't a lot of leadership on that front. More events like the light rail OC trip, or OC BBQ's are public parks, etc. would go a long way I would think. Also, picking out a known anti-eatery, visiting a pro-2a location nearby, then returning with a stack of receipts... well that would at LEAST be fun for us, if not effective =)

Most of the activism events (at least around Phoenix) are spearheaded by just a couple main folks over at AZ Shooting.

Perhaps we ought to have a firearms holiday to celebrate our arms-keepin'-and-bearin' heritage each year. I know people tend to informally do things on the 4th of July, but if you created a day for it specifically, you could have events all over the state, and not limited to open carry (however I suspect on a holiday almost everyone would open carry).

This seemed a little odd at first but the more I interact with Europeans who scoff at the concept of a right to keep and bear arms, the more I come to understand how unique it is that we have both a federal and state Constitution which enumerates or recognizes this right. It's worth specific celebration.

I could see shooting competitions, public park meets, barbecues, a whole lotta rabble rousin' and speech makin', maybe even a parade. It would be a nice thing if we could do fundraising that day for charities as well, since a spoonful of sugar is always welcome.

It would also be a day ripe for recruiting people and getting them to put their money where their mouth is in terms of the overall cause. It could set the tone for the year, too, in terms of activism and issues.

It would also be interesting around election year, to see who would turn up asking for support from gun owners.

jay75009

i agree with just going elsewhere. I've completely stopped shopping at wal-mart because of their policy. now i go to target which has uniformed and *sometimes* armed guards.....and they never give me a second look. I also dont eat at mc donnalds or burger king *plus side im losing weight :-D* haha

rondummy

i agree with just going elsewhere. I've completely stopped shopping at wal-mart because of their policy. now i go to target which has uniformed and *sometimes* armed guards.....and they never give me a second look. I also dont eat at mc donnalds or burger king *plus side im losing weight :-D* haha

Damn, I go to Walmart, McDonalds, and Burger King all the time while OCing and I never have had a problem.

me812

Perhaps we ought to have a firearms holiday to celebrate our arms-keepin'-and-bearin' heritage each year. I know people tend to informally do things on the 4th of July, but if you created a day for it specifically, you could have events all over the state, and not limited to open carry (however I suspect on a holiday almost everyone would open carry).

L Neil Smith recommends December 15th:

http://ncc-1776.org/tle2010/tle577-20100704-08.html

In Arizona, it would be very convenient for us to celebrate that day instead of the Fourth of July, since the weather is so much nicer.