• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Group Shoot at N. Fork Gravel Pit

k.rollin

imported post

After the Burlington get-together at Bob's Burgers and Brew on June 5th, sudden valley gunner, skiingislife725, and myself stood outside for awhile swapping stories and such, and started throwing around the idea of a group shoot. I kind of figured someone would've tried to set something up by now, but that wasn't the case so here we are. This threa is intended to gauge everyone's interest in such an event, establish a date and time, etc.

Seeing as how I'm on summer break from school and have been working day labor mostly, almost any time works for me, so post up your availability, and we'll get something set up. Maybe we can make a day of it, with a BBQ lunch/potluck or something.

Metalhead47

imported post

k.rollin wrote:
After the Burlington get-together at Bob's Burgers and Brew on June 5th, sudden valley gunner, skiingislife725, and myself stood outside for awhile swapping stories and such, and started throwing around the idea of a group shoot. I kind of figured someone would've tried to set something up by now, but that wasn't the case so here we are. This threa is intended to gauge everyone's interest in such an event, establish a date and time, etc.

Seeing as how I'm on summer break from school and have been working day labor mostly, almost any time works for me, so post up your availability, and we'll get something set up. Maybe we can make a day of it, with a BBQ lunch/potluck or something.
How bout this Sunday (the 27th)?

k.rollin

imported post

An all day get-together/shoot was kind of my idea for this event. I figured we could have burgers, brats, chili, etc around mid-day and fun the whole time.

ARADCOM

imported post

New to the forum, this is my first post. I would be interested in attending the get together at North Fork. Never been there but I've read a little about it.

amzbrady

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
ARADCOM wrote:
New to the forum, this is my first post. I would be interested in attending the get together at North Fork. Never been there but I've read a little about it.
Welcome to OCDO! Great group here!

+1

Just wondering, North Fork Pit, is that the one by blaine that just got cleaned up?

k.rollin

imported post

Wow, you folks have been busy! I step away from the computer for a day and you've already gone and got it set up. :lol:

Most Sundays work fine for me, but this coming one (06/27) doesn't as I'll be picking up my roommate at the airport. She's in CA at the moment visiting family.

Magister

imported post

Definately up for this! My schedule usually stinks so the last OC event I could get to was SVG's picnic last year or so. First time OCing for me too. :p This Sunday works but it might be too soon for some. Id say next Sunday but thats the 4th. If we can hold off maybe we could do July 11th? Oh... and where is this North Fork place? If there is indeed one close to Blaine that would be awesome AND explain why my father said he heard shots near his new place.

heresolong

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
+1

Just wondering, North Fork Pit, is that the one by blaine that just got cleaned up?
It's only "by Blaine" if you're not from around here. In universal terms it is indeed "by Blaine". In real life, if you have to drive there, it isn't even close to "by Blaine". :)

I don't know the GPS location but here is the map. It is off the Mount Baker Highway.

Google map

And here are the directions.

Google directions

If you are looking at the map you will stay to the left as you go up North Fork Rd and it is just past the first fork on the left hand side. On the map you will see a giant white blob. That is it.

PS I am up for this Sunday and a possible follow-up on July 11th. I am also willing to host something at the Custer Gun Club if people are interested. I am a member and I can sign people in. It costs $5 for visitors.

ARADCOM

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
ARADCOM wrote:
Welcome to OCDO! Great group here!

+1

Thanks for the welcome! I've been reading the forum for several weeks and it certainly is entertaining (and informative). Looking forward to meeting some of you folks. Hope I'm free for whatever day you finally settle on.:D

ARADCOM

imported post

I've never been there so I can't 100% vouch for these but I think this is the way:

"The gravel pit is out off the Mt. Baker Highway (Hwy. 542). You take a right on the Mosquito Lake Road, then drive for a bit until you cross the bridge over the river. The next left is the North Fork Road, and you take that one. It is paved for a little bit, then turns to gravel. You just keep driving up that road until you come to a fork with one going up and one going straight. Just keep going straight (the left of the fork). A little bit down the road there will be a road off to the left, and it leads into the pit."