• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Group Shoot at N. Fork Gravel Pit

Hammer

imported post

ARADCOM wrote:
I've never been there so I can't 100% vouch for these but I think this is the way:

"The gravel pit is out off the Mt. Baker Highway (Hwy. 542). You take a right on the Mosquito Lake Road, then drive for a bit until you cross the bridge over the river. The next left is the North Fork Road, and you take that one. It is paved for a little bit, then turns to gravel. You just keep driving up that road until you come to a fork with one going up and one going straight. Just keep going straight (the left of the fork). A little bit down the road there will be a road off to the left, and it leads into the pit."

The Nooksack River bridge south of the North Fork road is closed, and will be for some time to come.
Don't try to come up Hwy 9 from the south and use Mosquito Lake road. The closed bridge will block.

I have a busy weekend scheduled. Not likely to make it there. :banghead:
I may get to pop some squirrels in the yard while I do honey-do's
Bust a buncha caps for me! :celebrate

ARADCOM

imported post

Hammer wrote:
ARADCOM wrote:
I've never been there so I can't 100% vouch for these but I think this is the way:

"The gravel pit is out off the Mt. Baker Highway (Hwy. 542). You take a right on the Mosquito Lake Road, then drive for a bit until you cross the bridge over the river. The next left is the North Fork Road, and you take that one. It is paved for a little bit, then turns to gravel. You just keep driving up that road until you come to a fork with one going up and one going straight. Just keep going straight (the left of the fork). A little bit down the road there will be a road off to the left, and it leads into the pit."

The Nooksack River bridge south of the North Fork road is closed, and will be for some time to come.
Don't try to come up Hwy 9 from the south and use Mosquito Lake road. The closed bridge will block.

Whatcom County plans to open the newly rehabilitated Mosquito Lake Road bridge over the middle fork of the Nooksack River at 5 p.m. Friday, June 18, according to Public Works.
• The bridge will be closed a couple of days in mid-July so crews can finish coating portions of the new concrete approach spans.

Read more: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2010/06/17/1485625/mosquito-lake-road-bridge-opens.html#ixzz0rkZUSyKv

Hammer

imported post

ARADCOM wrote:
Hammer wrote:
ARADCOM wrote:

Whatcom County plans to open the newly rehabilitated Mosquito Lake Road bridge over the middle fork of the Nooksack River at 5 p.m. Friday, June 18, according to Public Works.
• The bridge will be closed a couple of days in mid-July so crews can finish coating portions of the new concrete approach spans.

Read more: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2010/06/17/1485625/mosquito-lake-road-bridge-opens.html#ixzz0rkZUSyKv
Cool! Been over it to see that it is indeed open?

uncoolperson

imported post

Hammer wrote:
ARADCOM wrote:
Hammer wrote:
ARADCOM wrote:

Cool! Been over it to see that it is indeed open?

MC, (sorry had to)
the detour signs and bridge out/etc... signs are not long up on the south end of Mosquito lake road.

Glad I got a picture of this when I did (no longer there)

4693283503_20fc0eb50d.jpg

heresolong

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Anyone pick a day yet? Sounds like lots of fun. Maybe Heresolong can join now that it's summer time. LOL.
Planning on it, but life often gets in the way. I'm hoping for this Sunday. Short notice but I happen to be free.

I also have room to give people rides. I could take three people plus guns if needed.

Can we settle on a date? How about this Sunday at 1:00?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Seemed the only guy who couldn't this Sunday was the OP, sorry Rollin, we are going to the pit.

Let's go Sunday and try to make another one for later too so K.Rollin can shoot too.

Dem0072

Count me in for Sunday @ 1PM. I have room for someone if they want to car pool, plenty of trunk space too.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
[strike]For those if us that may not know where this pit is... anyone want to post directions?[/strike] (Never mind... read the whole thread)

I've been looking for an opportunity to sight in the AR15 and test the Crony!

Last edited:

Matt85

i still really need a GPS location or a location to meet someone so i dont get lost. (im very good at getting lost)

also someone PM me with a cell number (assuming there is cell service) so in the event i get lost i can call someone.

-matt

Dem0072

I'm in, need directions please!

For anyone who needs directions, here's the coordinates for your GPS or you can Google Map it.

48.895317,-122.108268

http://maps.google.com/

There's about 5 miles of gravel road and a bit of a hill thats on gravel as you enter/exit the pit. Wouldn't advise driving anything with bad tire tread or that has trouble climbing hills.