Thread: Made the Walworth County Gazette

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

I received this email:

Wanted to give you a heads up that I ran across you posts on opencarry.org about the fairgrounds over the weekend.

I put together a digest for our online site, with a roundup of some other recent open carry stories in the news.

http://walworthcountytoday.com/news/...law-public-ey/

Feel free to log in and add any additional comments to the story!

Thanks,

Dan Plutchak
    Associate editor
    Walworth County Sunday/The Gazette
    http://www.walworthcountytoday.com
    (262) 728-3424 ext. 108
    I responded:

Thanks for the article, but to be correct, I decided against it because I thought it was PUBLIC property and as such, if it was and being surrounded by 3 schools, I would violate the Gun Free School Zone law. After discussion with Sheriff Graves, I discovered it was private property which would allow me to open carry as long as the Fairgrounds management didn't ask me to leave.

At the moment as well, the City of Elkhorn has an unenforceable prohibition on open carry. I am working with the city council and they say that ordinance will be repealed by the end of July.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

He fixed the story. It is now more accurate.

Post imported post

Good job Paul! Hope to see you this Sunday at Glock34's B'Day party in Green Bay!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy