Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penn and Teller Bulls#*%

Post imported post

"No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

I love these guys, they do a good one about 9/11 truth tards too.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

Not a fan of the show. There's always a counter argument for an argument, no matter what.

Post imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
    Watch that, and then watch the 9/11 episode of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura. You'll see contradicting evidence.

Post imported post

loved it.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Banned

Post imported post

i paid to see their show in vegas and i still want my money back

i would have been better off seeing wayne brady

Post imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:
    Watch that, and then watch the 9/11 episode of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura. You'll see contradicting evidence.
    Jesse Ventura? Him and Charlie Sheen are 2 beacons of lucidity aren't they? Was Jeanine Garafalo in it too?
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
    Aaron1124 wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:
    Jesse Ventura? Him and Charlie Sheen are 2 beacons of lucidity aren't they? Was Jeanine Garafalo in it too?
    BWAAA! HA HA! :celebrate

Post imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
    Aaron1124 wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:
    True, yet the same could be said for those that believe President Kennedy was killed by a governemnt assassin. People who are extremely smart can come up with some crazy ideas "theorys" to help fill in the unanswered questions. It does not help when the government refuses to answer questions on the matter or has hidden facts from the public for what ever reason.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

You know how many "conspiracy's" have been proven to be real over time?

Post imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
    Nope.

I love this show. I've been watching since the first season. They openly admit they are biased, "Just like the rest of the media." Generally they'll take a popular topic that people or sheeple will generally accept as true and tear it apart.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
    Agreed, yet I think it is funny people will call other people crazy for believing a conspiracy, for example the 9/11 truthers. Yet those same people believe in other conspiracya that they dont consider to be far fetched.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

You know what the whole thing about conspiracies is?

First of all, the chances you will ever prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the government covered something up is next to zero, unless the government releases actual records pertaining to it, which, if we hypothetically take the truther's thesis as accurate, won't happen for several generations.

Second of all, you just look like a loon. Conspiracy theorists think they're the "enlightened ones" in a world of sheep (not an attitude exclusive to conspiracy types, but most notable here). The more people obsess on the wilder conspiracy theories, the more reason people have to write you off as a loon, so that eventually you get the "cry wolf" syndrome where when the government does something obviously and conspicuously nasty, no one in the mainstream wants to listen. Conspiracy theorists have a way of dragging everyone with an anti-government axe to grind through the mud with them. Conspiracy theorists are the best friends the government has in terms of propaganda.

Third, I don't need to believe any conspiracy theory to know my government - given its size and scope at present - is up to no good. That there are those in it with a huge appetite for tyranny. I need only to look at what is documented in terms of civil liberties abuses re: the drug war, or the way we've put national security concerns into the hands of unscrupulous contractors, or bailed out the banks, or the PATRIOT Act and secret watch lists, to have enough reasons to see the government as a threat.

Fourth, I know my government is not only corrupt but inept. The inefficiencies and serial failures of my government make it highly unlikely that the government could practically pull off most conspiracies it is accused of. One thing I associate with my government is exceptional incompetence and inefficiency. While I believe some people in our government are morally capable of something like 9/11, I don't believe they are practically capable of pulling it off without someone blowing a whistle, or just screwing up and being exposed. At least, not something which would require the coordination of as many people as the 9/11 incident would.

Fifth, the government knows all of these angles. If the government does something under the table and gets away with it, that's a win. If it does something under the table and gets caught doing it, in most cases it can simply get away with it by letting conspiracy nuts rant on television, radio, and the Internet, making it seem less true because so many lunatics believe it to be so.

I don't think the government even needs to resort to cinematically apocalyptic things like bringing down the WTC to rationalize constant intervention in other countries affairs.

So many Americans love war! They love it. You just wave some bibles and flags around and the war buffs come running. Why go through all the expense of demolishing a landmark when you can just make some stuff up about weapons of mass destruction or terrorism or some other nefarious plot against the US (making sure to refer to any potential enemy as "the new Hitler.") It doesn't make sense to take the risk of engaging in an exposable conspiracy where you can drum up support for war by just showing videotape of some screwhead looking at the American flag the wrong way, or god forbid, burning one.

Conspiracy theorists have done the precise opposite of what they pat themselves on the back for: they have discredited and weakened the anti-government cause, and for this they get eternal raspberries from me.

Post imported post

zack991 wrote:
    Aaron1124 wrote:
    I think it is funny people will call other people crazy for believing a conspiracy, for example the 9/11 truthers.
    Right.....because everyone knows how much credibility those people have. I see the point you're making but 9/11 wasa bad example. Those folks are just wacked in the head. Whoa! Wait.....black helicopter flying over my house right now. Hold on a minute.......

<1 minute later> Ok I'm back now. Had to go put on my aluminum foil helmet so the government flying in those black helicopters can't read my thoughts when they fly over myhouse. Much better now.

WAIT! Did you hear something? :what:

Banned

Post imported post

Don Tomas wrote:
    zack991 wrote:
    Aaron1124 wrote:
    I think it is funny people will call other people crazy for believing a conspiracy, for example the 9/11 truthers.
    Right.....because everyone knows how much credibility those people have. I see the point you're making but 9/11 wasa bad example. Those folks are just wacked in the head. Whoa! Wait.....black helicopter flying over my house right now. Hold on a minute.......

<1 minute later> Ok I'm back now. Had to go put on my aluminum foil helmet so the government flying in those black helicopters can't read my thoughts when they fly over myhouse. Much better now.

WAIT! Did you hear something? :what:
    I hope you were typing this inside a faraday cage. Otherwise, the folks in the helicopter would be able to read your keystrokes from the EM emanations your computer was putting out. Think of the cage as an aluminum foil helmet for your computer.

Post imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
    Only the ones that make it to the court room.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    I hope you were typing this inside a faraday cage. Otherwise, the folks in the helicopter would be able to read your keystrokes from the EM emanations your computer was putting out. Think of the cage as an aluminum foil helmet for your computer.
    You know that's actually possible to read the image off a CRT monitor like that.

Post imported post

crisisweasel wrote:
    You know what the whole thing about conspiracies is?

First of all, the chances you will ever prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the government covered something up is next to zero, unless the government releases actual records pertaining to it, which, if we hypothetically take the truther's thesis as accurate, won't happen for several generations.

Second of all, you just look like a loon. Conspiracy theorists think they're the "enlightened ones" in a world of sheep (not an attitude exclusive to conspiracy types, but most notable here). The more people obsess on the wilder conspiracy theories, the more reason people have to write you off as a loon, so that eventually you get the "cry wolf" syndrome where when the government does something obviously and conspicuously nasty, no one in the mainstream wants to listen. Conspiracy theorists have a way of dragging everyone with an anti-government axe to grind through the mud with them. Conspiracy theorists are the best friends the government has in terms of propaganda.

Third, I don't need to believe any conspiracy theory to know my government - given its size and scope at present - is up to no good. That there are those in it with a huge appetite for tyranny. I need only to look at what is documented in terms of civil liberties abuses re: the drug war, or the way we've put national security concerns into the hands of unscrupulous contractors, or bailed out the banks, or the PATRIOT Act and secret watch lists, to have enough reasons to see the government as a threat.

Fourth, I know my government is not only corrupt but inept. The inefficiencies and serial failures of my government make it highly unlikely that the government could practically pull off most conspiracies it is accused of. One thing I associate with my government is exceptional incompetence and inefficiency. While I believe some people in our government are morally capable of something like 9/11, I don't believe they are practically capable of pulling it off without someone blowing a whistle, or just screwing up and being exposed. At least, not something which would require the coordination of as many people as the 9/11 incident would.

Fifth, the government knows all of these angles. If the government does something under the table and gets away with it, that's a win. If it does something under the table and gets caught doing it, in most cases it can simply get away with it by letting conspiracy nuts rant on television, radio, and the Internet, making it seem less true because so many lunatics believe it to be so.

I don't think the government even needs to resort to cinematically apocalyptic things like bringing down the WTC to rationalize constant intervention in other countries affairs.

So many Americans love war! They love it. You just wave some bibles and flags around and the war buffs come running. Why go through all the expense of demolishing a landmark when you can just make some stuff up about weapons of mass destruction or terrorism or some other nefarious plot against the US (making sure to refer to any potential enemy as "the new Hitler.") It doesn't make sense to take the risk of engaging in an exposable conspiracy where you can drum up support for war by just showing videotape of some screwhead looking at the American flag the wrong way, or god forbid, burning one.

Conspiracy theorists have done the precise opposite of what they pat themselves on the back for: they have discredited and weakened the anti-government cause, and for this they get eternal raspberries from me.
    Very eloquently written Weasel. While I am a vet of the Iraq war, and worked in Afghanistan I can appreciate your criticism or how deceptively the justifications for the Iraq invasion were delivered, and the futility of the protracted Afghan war that our government seems content to engage in for eternity. I may not agree with you, or even be able make a decent counter arguement, but I stand by my belief that these endeavors are better than not engaging islamic radicalism in it's back yard.

As far as the conspiracy tools, I agree vehemently. I've been saying the same thing since I've witnessed the same crowd circle their wagons around Ron paul, only to drag him down into obscurity. In Texas we had a great candidate in Debra Medina for govenor. She handily defeated herself by not immediately mocking the truther movement when Glen Beck called her on it.

I've been to too many political meetups, only to have these people who hang on every word of that Alex Jones doucebag ruin the experience. I no longer bother.

Speaking of Jones, it seems to me somewhat "hitleresque" of him to demonize and scapegoat the highest class of people. As if they are all one large group of sinister actors intent on killing 4 billion people and ruling the world the way they see fit. This is just as wicked in my book, as any other bigotry that could lead to violence against people not involved in any sort of agenda like this.

The idea that any significant number of people, with any real wealth or power would march in lock step toward one goal, the domination of the world, and share the power and wealth derived from this endeavor equally. It's absurd. Realize that even a small family won't all agree on what to have for breakfast, these clowns believe that the richest people in the world all agree on a specific plan or goal. Never mind that they ALL just have to be evil.

I really enjoyed reading your post, as I do most of them.

Post imported post

To release all the documents surrounding most conspiracies would do absolutely no good as the theorists would not believe the documents and claim that there are more still to be released. They also give our, or any, government way too much credit as there is no way that those type of secrets can be hidden by as many people as they claim. Just like bigfoot there is no way to ever prove that he does not exist.

With that said there is one thing that I know has been hidden from the people of the world because they actually want it hidden rather than the truth. When Neil Armstrong first set foot on the Moon Buzz Aldrin said "Are you down yet"? Armstrong replied with "Yeah, ain't that something". He then thought about his little speach. Even Walter Cronkite made reference to it before they went to a commercial and came back with a different version. I have even gone to the NASA website and read through the transcripts of the landing. Surprise, there was a radio malfunction right about that time just like the accidental erasuse of the Nixon tapes.

As may people as watched that Moon landing that night you would thing that they would want the truth told but that was a different time and we liked the official version better. Watergate changed the world and now it would not work to have the unofficial record forgotten.

Post imported post

zack991 wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:
    Aaron1124 wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:
    True, yet the same could be said for those that believe President Kennedy was killed by a governemnt assassin. People who are extremely smart can come up with some crazy ideas "theorys" to help fill in the unanswered questions. It does not help when the government refuses to answer questions on the matter or has hidden facts from the public for what ever reason.
    I normally don't do conspiracies, but you will never convince me that LBJ did not have something to do with JFK's death. LBJ was always likea snake in the grass.

The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    zack991 wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:
    Aaron1124 wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:
    I normally don't do conspiracies, but you will never convince me that LBJ did not have something to do with JFK's death. LBJ was always likea snake in the grass.
    I agree with LBJ arranging it but the LBJ that I think arranged it was Lady Bird. I really don't think her husband was capable of carrying it out. She was the brains behind that marriage just like Hillary, just 30 years too early.

Post imported post

Double tap

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    zack991 wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:
    Aaron1124 wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:
    Far be it from me to exonerate the 3rd worst president until obozo, as he has yet to fully set his his rank, but LBJ did an exceptional job in the cover up, including getting people not on his side to do his bidding. I'm not saying it's impossible, and it seems more likely than not that there were at least 2 trigger pullers in Dallas that day, but that absolutely ZERO credible testimony, no deathbed confession, or even statements pulled from safe deposit boxes from dead people have surfaced.

There are so many other agregious crimes, frauds and detriments to our empire committed by LBJ that should not be ignored, yet they are. Perhaps he did orchestrate the entire event in dallas, but dammit there should have been at least a shread of evidence.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the videos posted. Penn&Teller have no loyalty to eithe political spectrum. They call it like they see it. I usually agree, or at least see their point even if their premise contradicts what I know to be true. I suppose if you are not confident in what you know to be true, a magician and a mute sidekick can challenge your beliefs to the point where you act like a liberal and get all pi$$y, but try and remember these guys do it to entertain. They have no power over you. they may have influence over sheep, but at least the sheep get the idea from this video to be armed against the wolves.

Post imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
    The gulf of Tonkin incident comes to mind. as one example

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

The release of Soviet Cables showed that McCarthy was right about all the commies in the government.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast