Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Public Radio discussion of Gun-Free-School-Zone issues Tuesday June 22 6am - 7am

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

There will be an hour-long hosted topic with listener call in from 6am - 7am on Tuesday (tomorrow) June 22nd

Haven't figured out exactly how WPR works and what stations will be running the program but supposedly its running statewide tomorrow morning:

I do know you can listen online:

http://www.wpr.org/

WPR stations statewide:

Milwaukee Region

WHAD-FM 90.7 Delafield, Milwaukee
    WGTD-FM 91.1 Kenosha

Madison Region
    WERN-FM 88.7 Madison
    WHA-AM 970 Madison
    WHHI-FM Translator W215AQ 90.9 West Madison, Middleton
    WHAD-FM Translator W300BM 107.9 Central Madison
    WEPS-FM 88.9 Elgin, IL

Green Bay Region
    WPNE-FM 89.3 Green Bay
    WHID-FM 88.1 Green Bay
    WRST-FM 90.3 Oshkosh
    WHND-FM 89.7 Sister Bay, Northern Door County
    WHDI-FM 91.9 Sister Bay, Northern Door County
    WSHS-FM 91.7 Sheboygan

La Crosse Region
    WHLA-FM 90.3 La Crosse
    WLSU-FM 88.9 La Crosse
    WHHI-FM 91.3 Highland, Dodgeville
    WSSW-FM 89.1 Platteville

Eau Claire Region
    WHWC-FM 88.3 Menomonie, Eau Claire
    WVSS-FM 90.7 Menomonie
    WUEC-FM 89.7 Eau Claire
    WRFW-FM 88.7 River Falls

Superior Region
    KUWS-FM 91.3 Superior, Duluth
    WHSA-FM 89.9 Brule
    KUWS Translator W275AF 102.9 Ashland, Bayfield
    WHSA Translator W284AN 104.7 Ashland, Bayfield

Wausau Region
    WHRM-FM 90.9 Wausau
    WLBL-AM 930 Auburndale, Wisconsin Rapids
    WHBM-FM 90.3 Park Falls
    WLBL-FM 91.9 Wausau
    WHAA-FM 89.1 Adams
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

Thanks for the heads up, will tune in.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Post imported post

Received some info from a member. Haven't been able to verify it, but I trust the source:

The show will run on stations that carry WPR's "Idea's Network" programming.

Call in number for the Idea's network show is:

800-642-1234

If you have an opportunity please tune in AND call in with Questions. Its been suggested the listenership of the network is likely anti-gun and it would be very nice to get a mix of calls not just all anti.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Nik, are you one of the guests?

Dave

Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Post imported post

Yes,

My understanding it it will be me, the host from WPR.. "Gene" and whomever calls in.

Post imported post

Good luck. i don't get out of work till 7 am. But i'm going to try an see in can get it recordedI have hopes of trying a quik cell call with a Q.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
    Received some info from a member. Haven't been able to verify it, but I trust the source:

The show will run on stations that carry WPR's "Idea's Network" programming.

Call in number for the Idea's network show is:

800-642-1234

If you have an opportunity please tune in AND call in with Questions. Its been suggested the listenership of the network is likely anti-gun and it would be very nice to get a mix of calls not just all anti.
    To add, it is actually the 'Joy Cardin Show.' Gene is filling in.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The...1259576?ref=ts

Post imported post

Joy starts at 6AM.
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Post imported post

You can listen RIGHT NOW on www.wpr.org.

Post imported post

They should be taking phone calls in another few minutes

Post imported post

Getting it on my iphone

Post imported post

I personally talked to Sheriff Graves on Saturday who is the Sheriff that would cover LaGrange and he said it was legal.

Post imported post

Likely could have been a conversation from a while ago, perhaps even pre-ag memo.

In addition, sometimes when people say "sheriff" they may have just been talking to a deputy.

Wouldn't surprise me that a deputy made an inaccurate statement about OC and disorderly conduct

Post imported post

Good job Nik! I was pleasantly surprised that Gene seemed to have no obvious agenda. Most of the callers were reasonable as well.

You represented well!!

Post imported post

Thought it went well, interesting that the first caller was a police officer in Hayward who was TOTALLY in favor of repeal of the law.

Ironically, one thing I forgot to mention with regard to that officer was that the law actually affect HIM as well as when he's off-duty, he's not allowed to carry in a school zone.

Post imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
    Good job Nik! I was pleasantly surprised that Gene seemed to have no obvious agenda. Most of the callers were reasonable as well.

You represented well!!
    Thanks Paul, wasn't it surprising how the only 2 'anti' callers were willing to 'make up' stories to try to make their point.

The caller from the Dells claiming "no one has ever been charged with the GFSZ, police use their discretion" which is totally false and you only need pick up the newspaper from last week to see an otherwise law-abiding person charged (and charges dismissed)

The caller from Racine claiming that the guy who was riding his bicycle armed and assaulted had his gun taken. Totally got the facts of that case wrong. That bicyclist was able to deter the thugs and they ran off.

I thought the majority of the callers were very supportive of repealing the law. Good to hear.

Post imported post

Well done Nik. You represented Wisconsin Carry very well and oc.
    Ella Wheeler Cox

Post imported post

I'll try to find a link to the podcast and post it later. If anyone else finds a link first please post.

Post imported post

Well done Nik.

Recap-- First caller was retired LEO with over 30 years of service and he agreed that GFSZ law was ineffective feel-good legislative that infringed on our rights.

Only 2 callers were in opposition, both of whom made factual errors that Nik corrected.

Too bad time ran out, things were just getting warmed up and the discussion could have gone another hour.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Too bad time ran out, things were just getting warmed up and the discussion could have gone another hour.
    I agree. In my closing comments when he asked what I thought would happen with the case and after this case what other laws would we try to have struck down I was about to lay into vehicle carry bans and conceal carry bans when we ran out of time.

Post imported post

Hey and you sounded very awake at 6 a.m.! That's above and beyond the call of duty!
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Public radio makes a small attempt to follow up on shows like this one, maybe you can follow up with another show at a later date. Also if they get enough calls from anti-gunners they could have a show about the negatives of this law suite. We will need to pay attention to this for some time.
    Ella Wheeler Cox

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Nice job, Nik! I only wish there had been some more anti-gun callers because of your effectiveness in answering them. You corrected their inaccuracies without sounding like a smarta$$ and then you turned their examples around to highlight some of your own points... some real teaching moments.

Dave
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    Hey and you sounded very awake at 6 a.m.!* That's above and beyond the call of duty!
    That was the hardest part. I usually don't have a pulse until closer to 7am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast