• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Public Radio discussion of Gun-Free-School-Zone issues Tuesday June 22 6am - 7am

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

There will be an hour-long hosted topic with listener call in from 6am - 7am on Tuesday (tomorrow) June 22nd

Haven't figured out exactly how WPR works and what stations will be running the program but supposedly its running statewide tomorrow morning:

I do know you can listen online:

http://www.wpr.org/

WPR stations statewide:

Milwaukee Region

WHAD-FM 90.7 Delafield, Milwaukee
WGTD-FM 91.1 Kenosha

Madison Region
WERN-FM 88.7 Madison
WHA-AM 970 Madison
WHHI-FM Translator W215AQ 90.9 West Madison, Middleton
WHAD-FM Translator W300BM 107.9 Central Madison
WEPS-FM 88.9 Elgin, IL

Green Bay Region
WPNE-FM 89.3 Green Bay
WHID-FM 88.1 Green Bay
WRST-FM 90.3 Oshkosh
WHND-FM 89.7 Sister Bay, Northern Door County
WHDI-FM 91.9 Sister Bay, Northern Door County
WSHS-FM 91.7 Sheboygan

La Crosse Region
WHLA-FM 90.3 La Crosse
WLSU-FM 88.9 La Crosse
WHHI-FM 91.3 Highland, Dodgeville
WSSW-FM 89.1 Platteville

Eau Claire Region
WHWC-FM 88.3 Menomonie, Eau Claire
WVSS-FM 90.7 Menomonie
WUEC-FM 89.7 Eau Claire
WRFW-FM 88.7 River Falls

Superior Region
KUWS-FM 91.3 Superior, Duluth
WHSA-FM 89.9 Brule
KUWS Translator W275AF 102.9 Ashland, Bayfield
WHSA Translator W284AN 104.7 Ashland, Bayfield

Wausau Region
WHRM-FM 90.9 Wausau
WLBL-AM 930 Auburndale, Wisconsin Rapids
WHBM-FM 90.3 Park Falls
WLBL-FM 91.9 Wausau
WHAA-FM 89.1 Adams

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Received some info from a member. Haven't been able to verify it, but I trust the source:

The show will run on stations that carry WPR's "Idea's Network" programming.

Call in number for the Idea's network show is:

800-642-1234

If you have an opportunity please tune in AND call in with Questions. Its been suggested the listenership of the network is likely anti-gun and it would be very nice to get a mix of calls not just all anti.

range rat

imported post

Good luck. i don't get out of work till 7 am. But i'm going to try an see in can get it recorded:dude:I have hopes of trying a quik cell call with a Q.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
Received some info from a member. Haven't been able to verify it, but I trust the source:

The show will run on stations that carry WPR's "Idea's Network" programming.

Call in number for the Idea's network show is:

800-642-1234

If you have an opportunity please tune in AND call in with Questions. Its been suggested the listenership of the network is likely anti-gun and it would be very nice to get a mix of calls not just all anti.

To add, it is actually the 'Joy Cardin Show.' Gene is filling in.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Joy-Cardin-Show/170101259576?ref=ts

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Likely could have been a conversation from a while ago, perhaps even pre-ag memo.

In addition, sometimes when people say "sheriff" they may have just been talking to a deputy.

Wouldn't surprise me that a deputy made an inaccurate statement about OC and disorderly conduct

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

Good job Nik! I was pleasantly surprised that Gene seemed to have no obvious agenda. Most of the callers were reasonable as well.

You represented well!!

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Thought it went well, interesting that the first caller was a police officer in Hayward who was TOTALLY in favor of repeal of the law.

Ironically, one thing I forgot to mention with regard to that officer was that the law actually affect HIM as well as when he's off-duty, he's not allowed to carry in a school zone.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
Good job Nik! I was pleasantly surprised that Gene seemed to have no obvious agenda. Most of the callers were reasonable as well.

You represented well!!

Thanks Paul, wasn't it surprising how the only 2 'anti' callers were willing to 'make up' stories to try to make their point.

The caller from the Dells claiming "no one has ever been charged with the GFSZ, police use their discretion" which is totally false and you only need pick up the newspaper from last week to see an otherwise law-abiding person charged (and charges dismissed)

The caller from Racine claiming that the guy who was riding his bicycle armed and assaulted had his gun taken. Totally got the facts of that case wrong. That bicyclist was able to deter the thugs and they ran off.

I thought the majority of the callers were very supportive of repealing the law. Good to hear.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Well done Nik.

Recap-- First caller was retired LEO with over 30 years of service and he agreed that GFSZ law was ineffective feel-good legislative that infringed on our rights.

Only 2 callers were in opposition, both of whom made factual errors that Nik corrected.

Too bad time ran out, things were just getting warmed up and the discussion could have gone another hour.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Too bad time ran out, things were just getting warmed up and the discussion could have gone another hour.

I agree. In my closing comments when he asked what I thought would happen with the case and after this case what other laws would we try to have struck down I was about to lay into vehicle carry bans and conceal carry bans when we ran out of time.