• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit Fireworks

bb

imported post

Pouget wrote:
Anyone going to be at the Detroit Fireworks tonight? I believe it is around 10pm. I will be down there, open carrying, of course.
You probally wont get any takers, most of the people on this site are scared to oc in detroit, only a very few on this site oc in detroit, just ask sprinklerguy when he went tothe st. patricks day parade. he was ocing, the ones that showed up were concealing

Pouget

imported post

I'm generally new with OC'ing. However, I have no issue telling someone that what I am doing is legal. Would you think that it is a bad idea to open carry?

I am going tonight because my buddy asked me too. I knew nothing about it, I am just tagging along.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Why tonight?

I recently deleted (due to lack of participation) the Detroit River Days Festival event that was listed in Calendar of Events for quite some time, which was scheduled for tonight, June 21st.

Master Control

imported post

The Detroit Fireworks was a good day for OC in Detroit, parked my vehicle in the Clifford & Elizabeth area walked toward Campus Martius, arrived at the coney island at michigan ave & griswald @ 6:45p had a bite to eat, 6 LEO's alsoin the resturant not even concerned with my OC. Telephoned the Reg. Coordinator & Dep. for a meeting status update then proceeded on foot thruCampus Martius, Cadillac square then to the rendezous point, left the rendezous point at 7:46p, ran into a couple neighbor kidsfrom ten yrs. past who are now adult men that were interested about my OC and wasnt it against the law to OC w/ccw, I shared some knowledge & TriFolds with them.

Continued my mini tour of downtown Detroit by way of Beaubein St. to Jefferson, down thur Hart Plaza then to Cobo Hall, back down the opposite side of Jefferson in front of Coleman Young Building & past the line of motorcycle LEO's boardering the north side of thejefferson median from woodward to Randolph. In search of more OC'ers was hoping I might to run into Cmdr_iceman during my walk. I traveled Congress St., Woodward, while on Monroe was pasted by the WCS paraded Mounted Division, E. Laffayette, Bates, while on Larned St.was pasted by DPD mounted Division& Fort St. the LEO's were on every corner as expected &patroling the streets in duplcate. then I settled in at Woodward & Larned St. just under the Spirit of Detroit statue in the midst of about nine LEO's about 9:20p for the Fireworks, about 9:30p a couple with four small children in strollersinquired rather it would be ok if they could settle in nextto me, noticing my firearm they didnt seemed concerned, after settling in the husband asked if I was a LEO, I responded to the negative.

After the fireworks was approached by a young woman at Larned & Randolph who stated that she couldnt wait to get her some acc. when she got old enough, I ask her what did she mean? she motioned to her hip, I asked her how old she was? she answered 20, I gave her a few minutes of enlightenment a card & tri-fold, she said she would visit the website and PM me. after that just sort of hungout until I exited the Downtown area about 12:36am.

all in all it was a very un-eventful day, no noticable second looks, smart remarks, challedges or concerns with LEO's, yes today was a good day in Downtown Detroit for OC.

Pouget

imported post

I stayed with my friends around the truck so not many people saw my gun. However, we did stop at a gas station that was VERY busy and no one really second guessed it. A police woman walked up behind me and followed me 10 feet through the store and I did not know what she was doing. I figured I was about to get jumped so I shuffled through some people. She turned around and walked to the back of the store where a male officer (big dude) was there she talked to. After that, whether the conversation was about me or not, everything went fine!! :celebrate