• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gather Your Armies

Deacon Blues

imported post

jaiotu wrote:
Ha ha. Yeah. I know it's OPEN CARRY. I work night shift and had just barely woke up when I posted that. I guess I wasn't nearly as awake as I thought!
Well, I can't fault you there. I woke up really early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, only to later discover that I was also out of coffee. I was barely coherent today. BTW, eye95, the farmer I was thinking of was Truman, not Cleveland (one of the many lawyers). Gotta have all those neurons firing at once.

As to the Whiskey Rebellion, I don't think it can be discussed in brief simply because of outright misinformation and the oversimplification of history.

jaiotu

imported post

I'll do my best not to feed the Trolls.

So... where did they shoot this new video? Any heads up as to what the overall theme will be?

eye95

imported post

Deja Vu Billiards in Montgomery. The first installment was shot there too. Rick talks to Washington and Lincoln about taxation. I didn't hear everything that went on in that convo. Then, he gets up from the table walks toward the camera and talks to the viewer. Abe Lincoln, George Washington, and Rick's "army" of supporters fall in behind him as he does.

Rick steps out of the way, and Lewis is there singing the fourth stanza of the Star Spangled Banner. Dale is in the crowd, rifle on his shoulder.

I actually lucked into some pretty good placement in the video. George is on my left, Abe is on my right, Lewis is right in front of me, and Dale is behind me and to my right.

While Dale is singing, I'll either be right over his left or right shoulder, depending on the camera angle they choose.

I don't know how Rick does it on a shoestring budget with only grassroots support, but those video makers are real pros. That first video has extraordinary quality. I expect likewise from the second.

Cypher

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Ya know, the first thread about this video was deleted after it got trashed with unrelated foreign affairs talk.

I would just ask again, please, keep this on topic about the video. If you wish to start a thread regarding the Whiskey Tax or Rick's take on it, please start another thread.

Again, all I am asking for (asking) is a common courtesy. Thanks.

Actually, since Rick addressed it right in 1 of his ads, the "foreign affairs talk" was directly related to your man.
Both you & another guy though like monkey's tossing their $$%^ around.

45acpForMe

imported post

In the other thread that was deleted I mentioned that I donated to his campaign.

This morning I got a personal call from Rick thanking me for the donation. While I was surprised that 1) it was Rick himself, I was more surprised when 2) he didn't ask for more money. :)

He must be playing that reverse psychology on me. :) I hope he gets elected and lives up to the non-politician impression he is making.

eye95

imported post

Kirbinator wrote:
The only criticism I've heard so far is that he depends on Federal Government Grants to make his money. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea.
I don't know where you heard that. Can you elaborate on that charge?

Rick owns a billiard parlor--not exactly the kind of place that gets government grants. He used to own a software company. He likely had a few government contracts that his company serviced. But, those are not "grants." He sold that company to a larger one and is now a VP of that larger company. He, of course, receives a salary from that company, not government grant money.

I am not privy to all the details of Rick's financial life. If you know of specific government grants he receives that would be pertinent to his candidacy, can you tell us about them?

eye95

Rick's new ad is up!

Here is the original ad:

[video=youtube;6iQ7ZDUutU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iQ7ZDUutU4&feature=related[/video]

Here is the new ad:

[video=youtube;kn14RwuJJRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn14RwuJJRg[/video]

Kirbinator

Kirbinator wrote:
I don't know where you heard that. Can you elaborate on that charge?

Rick owns a billiard parlor--not exactly the kind of place that gets government grants. He used to own a software company. He likely had a few government contracts that his company serviced. But, those are not "grants." He sold that company to a larger one and is now a VP of that larger company. He, of course, receives a salary from that company, not government grant money.

I am not privy to all the details of Rick's financial life. If you know of specific government grants he receives that would be pertinent to his candidacy, can you tell us about them?

He's a partner in a company called "Inline" that is working in the last-mile realm to get broadband to the people, through the grants and loans provided by the US government which no one but the telcos have been able to make use of.

I'm not saying he's bad for having his stance either way.

eye95

He's a partner in a company called "Inline" that is working in the last-mile realm to get broadband to the people, through the grants and loans provided by the US government which no one but the telcos have been able to make use of.

I'm not saying he's bad for having his stance either way.

Rick is not a partner at Inline. Inline purchased his company. He is a VP at Inline. Additionally, IIRC, Inline is a corporation. It does not have partners.

Next, is Inline getting grants? I don't think so. They have contracts to perform work. Those contracts may be let by others who receive grant money to pay the contracts. Bottom line, Inline does work and gets paid for that work.

eye95

Thanks. Members who are District 2 voters need to turn out tomorrow. Turnout by folks who care about the same things Rick does (RKBA for one) is what Rick needs for him to win.