• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry on Sling - Need Help

Kriegsammler

imported post

Beerme wrote:

he has admitted he wants to carry to intimidate people
This is ASININE AND NOT HELPING.
We do not carry to strike fear into people like this insignificant assclown wants to.
We carry to support our rights but most importantly to defend ourselves
If he thinks he needs to scare people on a day to day basis by carrying a goddamn ak47 with him he does not need to own a gun and I would be willing to bet he is more mentally unstable than charles manson

Isn't intimidating bad guys the same as being a deterrent to criminals to keep them from attacking you?

I carry to intimidate bad guys.. and to defend myself if needed.

At the same time I carry to get normal LACs to get used to seeing other normal LACs armed and going about their daily business.

I won't comment on the AK/AR pistol question..

-Adam

steve

imported post

If I had one I would probably carry it from time to time, I'm actually looking for a shoulder strap for my cobray mac11 until I can afford a nice 1911 or some other sort of "traditional pistol"
I support your right to carry, be it an ak pistol or a .25.

deathtolltally

imported post

steve wrote:
If I had one I would probably carry it from time to time, I'm actually looking for a shoulder strap for my cobray mac11 until I can afford a nice 1911 or some other sort of "traditional pistol"
I support your right to carry, be it an ak pistol or a .25.

Different strokes for different folks right? Thanks for your support.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
new/old members come on here and ask a simple question for what ever reason.
What are part of the responses, negative comments and jabs....good way to promote new membership...yep...works every time. :uhoh:

JMO 

+1

autosurgeon

imported post

DrTodd wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
What are part of the responses, negative comments and jabs....good way to promote new membership...yep...works every time. :uhoh:

JMO 

+1

Jeez I go away for an hour and reload some ammo and the thread falls apart :banghead:

You know beerme you don't have to agree with the OP but there is NO need to call him stupid.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
DrTodd wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

JMO

+1

Jeez I go away for an hour and reload some ammo and the thread falls apart :banghead:

You know beerme you don't have to agree with the OP but there is NO need to call him stupid.
To want to carry his ak like he wants to to intimidate people is

fozzy71

imported post

Beerme wrote:
To want to carry his ak like he wants to to intimidate people is

Sounds awfully similar to what all the anti's say about any OC'er, with any type of gun. You would think we should try to rise above their level, but I suppose labeling anything we dont agree with as 'stupid' is a lot easier. :uhoh:

Beerme

Banned
imported post

a handgun is perfectly adequate for self defense and assault rifle is just that for an assault or an offense not to legitimately carry around town in case you get mugged. I understand using one for home defense but not in a city where it can over penetrate and harm innocent bystanders

Beerme

Banned
imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
what's an assault rifle? that's an anti term.
dont even think of calling me an anti its what a damn ak is
do i think they are great guns
yes
do i own one
yes
do i think it is legit for carry?
NO

Beerme

Banned
imported post

office888 wrote:
Beerme wrote:
NO

Why? It's a firearm.

-Richard-
how many times can i say it
over penetration the 7.62x39mm round will over penetrate and become an instant liability
that an i do not believe the only way to be sure i do not get mugged is to intimidate everyone.

mitunnelrat

imported post

Beerme wrote:
office888 wrote:
Beerme wrote:
NO

Why? It's a firearm.

-Richard-
over penetration the 7.62x39mm round will over penetrate and become an instant liability
that an i do not believe the only way to be sure i do not get mugged is to intimidate everyone
My advance apologies if this comes out muddled, I had some difficulty trying to word this succinctly...
Liability is not restricted to firearm type or caliber. Liability occurs the instant any firearm is drawn and fired. One of the basic fundamentals of shooting is knowing your backstop, is it not? And isn't that universal to any firearm you choose to shoot? Each and any one of us could miss our target under stress, or we may have a traditional pistol caliber capable of over penetration, and be held personally accountable for any adverse consequences to that miss or over-penetration Would we, or would we not?

In my eyes then, his responsibilities in exercising his right to keep and bear arms are the same as your's or mine, as we are all free to exercise said rights until we deprive another person of his or her own. The only difference between us being his willingness to accept responsibility for a larger area of operation (for lack of a better term) than we are due to the increased range of his chosen firearm over ours.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Beerme wrote:

Please cite how many times people have been hit by a 7.62x39 round, out of an ak pistol, after overpenetration, in a self defense shooting, and indeliberately.

choover

imported post

i kwikrnu wrote:
Beerme wrote:

Please cite how many times people have been hit by a 7.62x39 round, out of an ak pistol, after overpenetration, in a self defense shooting, and indeliberately.
I agree that someone should carry what they want but we do not have enough self defense shootings to gather that data, you know this. Having said that I and many others own 7.62x39s and we all know how they can penetrate, I have devastated many trees with my AK :lol: using hollow points or FMJs

Having said that, make sure you look whats behind the BG before you shoot and you'll be all good.

deathtolltally

imported post

Beerme wrote:
smellslikemichigan wrote:
what's an assault rifle? that's an anti term.
dont even think of calling me an anti its what a damn ak is
do i think they are great guns
yes
do i own one
yes
NO
This is merly your opinion Beerme. You sound like a very angry person. Why the anger? Take it easy - deep breath. Dont be angry... SmellslikeMI said its an anti "Term" not calling you anti... what your prob bob?