Thread: Don't you just hate...

Post imported post

Don't you just hate those smart ass kids. In my local WalMArt and some kid, I mean like 17 or 18 (old enough to know better) sees my piece and yells "He's got a gun!" , pointing his finger at me, thinking he is being all funny and stuff. Naturally everyone (including me) is looking around to see where the enraged gunman is who is fixing to mow us all down.

After he finishes giggling and stuff I just give him "the look" and shake my head.

I think this shuld be illegal, sort of like yelling FIRE in a theater. It's akin to "going armed to the terror of the public", except that it is some smart-ass creating the terror and not the law abiding open carrier.

What do you do in a situation like this? I felt like grabbing that ring piercing thingy he hadhanging out of his eyebrow and giving it a good yank!

Post imported post

Parents don't beat their kids enough these days.

Banned

Post imported post

His actions are called "Disturbing the Peace". Clear intent to cause a scene. You could have made a citizen's arrest and you would have witnesses to back it up plus audio if you had a voice recorder with you.

High Point, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Anthony_I_Am wrote:
    Naturally everyone (including me) is looking around to see where the enraged gunman is who is fixing to mow us all down.
    LMAO

Best thing EVER said.

never had it done to me where lots of people saw/herd.

normally i say "I do I also have a knife and a flashlight "

Post imported post

TheFreeman wrote:

I'm with Sargent Freeman. lol

Post imported post

Maverick9110e wrote:
    TheFreeman wrote:

+1
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

Post imported post

There is no citizens arrest in NC

Post imported post

tomtaurus wrote:
    There is no citizens arrest in NC

Technically this is true, and NC is the ONLY state in the union that does not allow Citizens Arrests.

HOWEVER, a citizen may DETAIN a criminal if they witness them in the commission of a felony. You may not, however, transport them without consent...

According to WikiPaedia:

Though North Carolina General Statutes have no provision for citizens' arrests, detention by private persons is permitted and applies to both civilians and police officers outside their jurisdiction.

[/sup]Detention is permitted where probable cause exists that one has committed a felony, breach of peace, physical injury to another person, or theft or destruction of property.

Detention is different from an arrest in that in a detention the detainee may not be transported without consent.

And here is the NC General Statute that specifically outlines the legal conditions of a "detention":

§ 15A‑404. Detention of offenders by private persons.
    (a) No Arrest; Detention Permitted. – No private person may arrest another person except as provided in G.S. 15A‑405. A private person may detain another person as provided in this section.

(b) When Detention Permitted. – A private person may detain another person when he has probable cause to believe that the person detained has committed in his presence:
    (1) A felony,

(2) A breach of the peace,

(3) A crime involving physical injury to another person, or

(4) A crime involving theft or destruction of property.
    (c) Manner of Detention. – The detention must be in a reasonable manner considering the offense involved and the circumstances of the detention.

(d) Period of Detention. – The detention may be no longer than the time required for the earliest of the following:
    (1) The determination that no offense has been committed.

(2) Surrender of the person detained to a law‑enforcement officer as provided in subsection (e).
    (e) Surrender to Officer. – A private person who detains another must immediately notify a law‑enforcement officer and must, unless he releases the person earlier as required by subsection (d), surrender the person detained to the law‑enforcement officer. (1973, c. 1286, s. 1.)

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggressionand this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Anthony_I_Am wrote:
    What do you do in a situation like this?
    Just laugh with them.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Anthony_I_Am wrote:
    I think this shuld be illegal, sort of like yelling FIRE in a theater. It's akin to "going armed to the terror of the public", except that it is some smart-ass creating the terror and not the law abiding open carrier.

What do you do in a situation like this? I felt like grabbing that ring piercing thingy he hadhanging out of his eyebrow and giving it a good yank
    This kid committed a number of violations, and depending on the demeanor of your lawyer, the local DA, and the local LEO's, you could have made his life a living hell...
    1. Disturbing the Peace
    2. Attempting to incite a riot
    3. Uttering threats
    Personally, I would just hand him a NC Gun Rights brochure, and tried to turn it into an "educational experience". I think I would have opened with "when you grow up, and are a responsible adult, you might be able to carry a gun too, if you keep your record clean. But you've obviously got a LOT of growing up to do before you will be trustworthy with this sort of adult responsibility..."

Then, I'd just walk away and ignore him.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggressionand this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Mo wrote:
    His actions are called "Disturbing the Peace". Clear intent to cause a scene. You could have made a citizen's arrest and you would have witnesses to back it up plus audio if you had a voice recorder with you.
    We don't have citizens arrest in NC. Us peons aren't capable of making that decision on our own.

Banned

Post imported post

Anthony_I_Am wrote:
    Mo wrote:
    We don't have citizens arrest in NC. Us peons aren't capable of making that decision on our own.
    OK. Did not know that. His actions clearly had the potential for inciting much fear. I would hope the evidence witnesses/audio/video would be enough for prosecution. His actions are infuriating.

Post imported post

I've had it happen once. Very different situation. The punk kid was a passenger in a car driving by Walmart as I was leaving. He started cursing this lady who was putting her stuff in her car. Her car was blocking theirs. So I turned left to go around the back of his car. He yells, "Dude's got a gun!" And the car made a B-line for the exit. In my case, it was a beautiful thing.

Post imported post

elixin77 wrote:
    Maverick9110e wrote:
    TheFreeman wrote:

+1
    Yes, many kids are suffering from severe shortages in the level of hickory in their backsides...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I am very good at ignoring fools, you should try it. Of course, handing him one of the brochures would be smart. At least you can say you've educated (or attempted to educate) one idiot in your life time.

Post imported post

Anthony_I_Am wrote:
    Don't you just hate those smart ass kids. In my local WalMArt and some kid, I mean like 17 or 18 (old enough to know better) sees my piece and yells "He's got a gun!" , pointing his finger at me, thinking he is being all funny and stuff. Naturally everyone (including me) is looking around to see where the enraged gunman is who is fixing to mow us all down.

After he finishes giggling and stuff I just give him "the look" and shake my head.

What do you do in a situation like this? I felt like grabbing that ring piercing thingy he hadhanging out of his eyebrow and giving it a good yank!

"Oh yeah? Well I've got a wallet too, and I'm about to give all my money to this store... if they throw you out...!"