• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Howdy from NJ!

Maverick9110e

imported post

Yea yea, I’m a new transplant, but THANK GOD!! Just got a new job down here and loving it. I'm from North West Jersey, but DESPISE the stereotype we get. To put it in perspective i could not leave my house without passing a dozen horses and a bunch of cattle, and farms. And my ideal place to live would be Montana/Wyoming on a ranch with about 40k acres and several hundred head of cattle....So again, not your typical NJ resident.

Unfortunately for the time being I’m in an apartment in Raleigh, near wake forest, it's a little to city for me, but it'll do while i get settled and check out the area. I'm liking the Clayton area quite a bit.

Anywho i stumbled upon your great group after reading an article in the local paper about open carry spreading in NC, and I was shocked to be honest. I had done a little research and knew you could actually get a CC permit in NC but I did not know about the open carry in NC. Coming from the evil empire in NJ where the only way to even get a CC was to be a LEO I was thrilled just now. I’ve been out to NM for some shooting competitions and loved the open carry laws out there. So I just wanted to give a big howdy to you all and I look forward to many discussions around the forums! I’ll be going for my new liscence this week so I’ll be able to purchase a new handgun in the next few months, as I wound up selling all but one of mine. Looking for a 1911 as I like the slenderness of a singlestack, either that or the new S&W M&P series.

But again, howdy all and great group you have here!!

:)

mekender

imported post

Welcome to a free state, time to go buy some hollow points and some 30 round magazines!

Maverick9110e

imported post

Thanks for the heads up, not a problem though, i still have to swap over to get my NC D/L and then save a few bucks for new gun. I'll prob. purchase sometime in the fall, for now all i've got is a .38 special s&w revolver

TheFreeman

imported post

Maverick9110e wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, not a problem though, i still have to swap over to get my NC D/L and then save a few bucks for new gun. I'll prob. purchase sometime in the fall, for now all i've got is a .38 special s&w revolver
You're already doing a lot better than most sheeple.

glock30

imported post

Welcome, You sound like one of us already so you're good to go. :D

The only "Northerners" I don't care for are the ones that move down here and then try to make "here" just like where they came from.

Maverick9110e

imported post

glock30 wrote:
Welcome, You sound like one of us already so you're good to go. :D

The only "Northerners" I don't care for are the ones that move down here and then try to make "here" just like where they came from.

Lol, i hear your frustration there. One of the reason i moved down here is to get away from all those damn yankee minded people. I currently live in north raleigh so i'm still surrounded by em. lol.

thanks for the welcome Shogun!

So i've been on the site here for a few days now and absolutley love it! You guys are really great and well informed on any questions myself or others have. I'm glad you are all pretty tolerant of some questions as well. I feel like most times i try and talk guns to a gun store owner or a firearms instructor most of them get offended that you don't know certain things. (i don't mean basic saftey items, but more complex issues)

Maverick9110e

imported post

I did find it, but thank you!! I want to get some of those buisness cards made up also when i do start OC'ing.

Anyone been to this place:

http://www.pdhsc.com/

I'd like to take some refresher courses, plus i want to put the GF into some firearms saftey classes as well. I'd also like to try and rent a few different firearms i'm interested in purchasing and trying to some more knowledge on. Thanks!

elixin77

imported post

Maverick9110e wrote:
I did find it, but thank you!! I want to get some of those buisness cards made up also when i do start OC'ing.

Anyone been to this place:

http://www.pdhsc.com/

I'd like to take some refresher courses, plus i want to put the GF into some firearms saftey classes as well. I'd also like to try and rent a few different firearms i'm interested in purchasing and trying to some more knowledge on. Thanks!
yes, but only once (went shooting with my dad when he came into town last xmas).

From what I saw, prices are OK. Ammo seemed a bit steep on some calibers, low on others, and norm on most. Range was good, but I learned real quickly that I'm not a fan of indoor ranges...

Gilly

Welcome

Welcome to NC and the site. I'm originally from NJ myself (Gloucester County) and love it here. Buy yourself a 1911 and enjoy yourself.