• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carried, 1st time. New here.

hogeaterf6

imported post

Just joined this sight. wealth of knowleadge! Did my 1st real open carry in ft Wayne on sat. Went to a Hallmark, gas station, and Burger King. No problems at all. Few women saw it but make no fuss.

Last year I was going to work, EMS, and stopped at McD's. didn't want to put my gun in my pocket so I put it in the radio holster of my duty belt. A out of state couple was next to me and heard her whisper to him. He then said, "I thought you were EMS?" I am. That was it. :)

I carry a Bersa Thunder .380. 15 round clips.

Underdog

Hey there-

Hi hogeater-

Good to hear someone is OCing in Ft. Wayne.

I've read on the INGO site that Ft. Wayne can be a problem now and then.

I'm live in the Indianapolis area and have yet to have a negative OC experience. Lots of guys do around here so it's common. (although I never see anyone else!)

Be safe!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Welcome To Open Carry!

And welcome to Open Carry dot Org (OCDO)!

Know your law. Cold.

Learn your 4th Amendment (search and seizure) rights. So you know them cold.

Learn you 5th Amendment (silence, attorney during questioning) rights. So you know them cold.