• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FOURTH ANNUAL Burke Lake Park picnic JULY 17 @ NOON

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You guys are going to have a blast - nice job of putting this together.
The list of attendees is a regular rogue gallery of those that "get it done."

Great history at Burke Lake for OCers too - the stories will abound. :lol:

Wish that I could attend both picnics.

Have a great time and pictures, please.

jadedone4

I could bring ICE too.. but just bags.. I have no large coolers

Once "relieved" from reserving the space, I can head out and grab some ice if need be. I'll have a large and (really) small cooler (hot dogs and brats will be frozen in smaller cooler); larger cooler is on wheels and holds about 4 - 8lb bags.

Headed over to the park in a bit to "recon" the area that Tess sent the link for.

Will also grab some citronella pots so that we have area marked for use as well bug repellent.

If anyone needs anything else I'm at jadedone4@yahoo.com for email (Tess has a cell phone number for me that I am not posting on open-forum).

This will be the first "OC-event" or me so be gentle.... hopefully the weather holds and we have a good turnout...!

bohdi

I'll be there early on and can accomodate coolers as well. I can probably bring some ice as well. And some chairs. I plan to roll out around 10 to get to store and then head on in to Burke Lake. Should be there shortly after 11.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I'll be making potato salad and cole slaw tonight so I can not freak in the morning. Will be there sometime between 11 and 12.

jadedone4, I'll be driving a red Jeep Liberty -- if weather is as nice as we expect, spouse and manchild may ride the motorcycle, but I don't think I can get the food on my bike!

Weather forecast calls for the potential for a stray thunderstorm, but I don't think we need to worry about a rain out.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
jadedone4 - did you get to pick that phone number??????? I just noticed.

jadedone4

jadedone4 - did you get to pick that phone number??????? I just noticed.

Yep, has double-meaning too; I'll explain Saturday.....

I've got a Green JEEP Wrangler - like me it will be hairless (top down) - poor man's vaccum to rid both of dog hair.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow - agree with Tess, weather = "slight chance" of scattered thunderstorm (at/about 1700hrs) and it is only listed as "30%."

Tess you have a PM.....

nova

see you all there. jadedone4 I may see you there beforehand depending on how early I can get to sleep tonight.

Glock27Bill

OK, I can make the drive up.

I see everything's covered, so I'll kick some bucks to those of you who purchased meat and throw a cooler in my truck.

eta: Can someone post the map or explanations of where our spot is?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

I see everything's covered, so I'll kick some bucks to those of you who purchased meat and throw a cooler in my truck.

Look for the black helicopter. :lol:

IanB

Bill,

We try to get the first picnic spot after you get past the guard house. If you get lost just look for my car, there is a large VCDL magnet on the back of it.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
If you have been under a rock for the last few weeks and just work up and fell upon this message and thought to yourself.. OMG! This is today???.. I forgot to sign up!! the list is complete, etc etc etc. Jump in your car and head out! If you have time, grab a bag of chips or something but you are welcome even without anything!

nova

After passing the main gate, keep right. Turn right at the bottom of the hill and go up the road a short distance. Our preferred spot will be on the right.

You'll see my truck :)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Another good time and a successful event I'd say. The only problem is I always want to go to another one ASAP.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Another good time and a successful event I'd say. The only problem is I always want to go to another one ASAP.

Nothing says we only have to have one a year. Seems to me we did Bull Run the same year as a Burke Lake event.

Longwatch volunteered to coordinate next year's event, all. So anyone want to do another in the fall?

nova

So anyone want to do another in the fall?

Yes. Not sure I'm able to coordinate it since I found out I need to take 15 more credits this fall if I want to graduate so I have no idea what my schedule will look like.

Last edited:

Glock27Bill

Good to see everyone again.

Longwatch: Thanks for the directions/shortcut back to Route 29. Found my way there without a hitch, way shorter than the route I planned on taking...and I avoided Route 66 West and Warrenton traffic altogether.