• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FOURTH ANNUAL Burke Lake Park picnic JULY 17 @ NOON

Tess

Founder's Club Member
OK, so 17 July got (slightly) more votes than the other dates. It conflicts with the VCDL picnic in Newport News, but I don't imagine too many from NoVA will drive that far for 3 hours. I could be wrong. Rain date the 24th. We'll make the weather call at the last moment.

Let's plan on noon arrival and charcoal start -- around 1:00pm for eating.

Anyway, I'll keep a running tally of who plans to attend and who's bringing what. See this post for changes.

VERY IMPORTANT -- someone willing to stake out our tables very early in the morning. Last year, I think nakedshoplifter got there around 10 and we still didn't get the tables we wanted.....
jadedone4 has agreed to do so....anyone who doesn't mind cigar smoke might think about joining him!

Who is coming: (Running total)

Tess - 3
Nova - 1 (4)
jadedone4 - 1 (5)
Harper1227 - 4 (9)
longwatch + Mrs Longwatch - 2 (11)
nakedshoplifter - 1 (12)
Bohdi (+2) - 15
Ed (3 plus RayRay) - 18
Glock27Bill - 1 (19)

List of supplies and who is bringing what.

Charcoal - nakedshoplifter
grill tools - Tess
Plates - bohdi
Cups - nakedshoplifter
Napkins - Tess
Plastic forks knives and spoons - bohdi
Table cloth - bohdi
Aluminum foil - nakedshoplifter
Hamburgers - Tess (32 -- they were in packages of 16)
Cheese - Tess
Hot Dogs - jadedone4
Rolls/buns - Ed
Lettuce, Tomato, Onion - bohdi
Chips - Bohdi (1)
Tin Foil Corn
20 bowls of potato salad - Tess
Cole Slaw - Tess
Baked beans
Water -- Nova
Soda - bohdi (Coke)
Coffee / coffee pot?
ketchup - bohdi
mustard
- bohdi
relish - Ed
other food? -- Harper1227
Camcorder
other gear?
cheesecake
Cookies/Cupcakes for kids
ICE...
Chairs - bring your own; some of us will have 1-2 extra

Propane grill - longwatch
Helicopter lure

Last edited:

nova

imported post

I'll take care of the water again.

I do only live a few miles from the park so if I can I'll get there early but can't guarantee it a hundred percent (the same front area as last year, correct?)

jadedone4

imported post

I'm willing to stake-out early for sitehope no one minds cigar smoke, if I need to be outdoors, it's great bug-repellent); just need to know what/where; also no issues in supplying hot-dogs/brats (the kind youcook, not the two-legged variety) - just need a head-count.

This will be first "OC-function" for me, so might as well jump-in feet first.

I'd appreciate a PM from the "powers that be - planners" with any directions/guidance to making/continuing this as a successful event.

IanB

imported post

Jaded1:

Can you edit out the quote from Tess? It doesn't add to the discussion but greatly increases unnessecary screen information. We should keep the first post as the running total of supplies and who's bringing what and not repost the list a bunch of times.

Harper1227

imported post

Hubby and I are planning to attend barring any out of town trips. We will bring some chairs and "other food" (likely my new apple coleslaw recipe)

I'll keep ya updated.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Count me and the wife in. We can bring 2 chairs,, a cheesecake, a propane gas grill, pop up shelter if needed, we have 50 sets of forks knives and spoons. More if needed.

nova

has anyone informed jadedone4 of the spot to stake out?

IanB

Add me to the list, I'll bring charcoal, alum foil, and plastic cups. I buy the charcoal with the starter fluid already applied so scratch lighter fluid off the list too.

nova

Yes, Tess sent a PM to me about two (2) weeks ago, I plan to recon the area this weekend so that I have proper bearings.

:cool:

Add me to the list, I'll bring charcoal, alum foil, and plastic cups. I buy the charcoal with the starter fluid already applied so scratch lighter fluid off the list too.

Also I'm glad to see a lot of the OCDO regulars planning on attending :)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
A week away - time to get serious about RSVP and planning

Long-range weather forecast shows rain midweek and sun for Saturday.

bohdi

What's left to bring? Bohdi clan minus mrs. is in town that day. I do have some pressure washing to do but can put that off for a while.....

So that's me with
Plates
Knives
Forks
Spoons
table cloth
1 bag chips
Cookies - kids will probably only eat that, lol
lettuce, tomato - I'll see about onion
Ketchup/Mustard
Case of Coke - unless there is an overwhelming veto for something else.

Last edited:

nova

Looking good so far. Hope everyone can make it and the weather is nice :cool:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Ok.. I am coming.. so is Brooke, OpenCarry and RayRay (our black lab).
I will bring Hot Dog Rolls and Hanburger Buns and I see relish was still on the list, so I will bring that too.

I will also bring KAN JAM (frisbee game) for anyone that wants to play. See below for how to play:
[video=youtube;r2pBz8GsOwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2pBz8GsOwc&feature=related[/video]

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Coming together.

WE STILL NEED SOMEONE TO BRING ICE.

Still time to show up - bring something, whether or not on the list, and come visit!