Thread: My last Cabela's ammo order

Post imported post

Well, they really screwed the pooch as far as I'm concerned. This is what I found when I opened the box:

The only packing material was an airbag with one full pillow and one deflated, and a wadded up piece of what appears to be used bubble wrap and packing tape. As a result, about a third of the ammo boxes were either fully or partially opened, and rounds of ammo were strewn all over the box. I don't know whether I'm truly pissed off or just incredulous over their incompetent packing job!

Post imported post

I bought 3 knifes from Cabelas about 6 months ago. Opened the package they were locked open and fell on the floor. I also think they lost points for the crappy packaging. Shipping took forever as well. about 3 weeks.

Call and complain, Offer to send the picture.

Banned

Post imported post

Ironbar wrote:
    Well, they really screwed the pooch as far as I'm concerned. This is what I found when I opened the box:

The only packing material was an airbag with one full pillow and one deflated, and a wadded up piece of what appears to be used bubble wrap and packing tape. As a result, about a third of the ammo boxes were either fully or partially opened, and rounds of ammo were strewn all over the box. I don't know whether I'm truly pissed off or just incredulous over their incompetent packing job!
    i ordered 1000 rounds of 45acp and it came in 2 free plastic ammo cans and well packaged

the guy that did your must have been a new guy

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I work in the warehouse of one of the largest shipping companies, without saying it, it's not FedEx or USPS. We get thousands of Cabela's boxes,I have experienced many packaging errors.

Post imported post

That only leaves DHL or *GASP* USPS...
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Banned

Post imported post

Kirbinator wrote:
    That only leaves DHL or *GASP* USPS...
    Right. A postal worker with a gun.

Wait!! They do bar them from carrying? Don't they???

Post imported post

I hope so. I wouldn't want them stealing my ammo.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Post imported post

Before you opened the package, did you inspect the seals for tampering?

That looks like someone opened it for some sort of "inspection" and just re-sealed it in a very slip-shod manner, maybe to send you a "message"...

Check the tape on the shipping box. I'll bet it's been opened and re-taped...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    Before you opened the package, did you inspect the seals for tampering?

That looks like someone opened it for some sort of "inspection" and just re-sealed it in a very slip-shod manner, maybe to send you a "message"...

Check the tape on the shipping box. I'll bet it's been opened and re-taped...
    If thats the case, count all the rounds too to make sure they are all there. You never know....
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

Post imported post

I would call Cabelas and complain. I would ask them if they thought thecompany they shipped through would like to know about the poor packing job they did and about the loose rounds bouncing around inside the box.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Post imported post

Coulda been worse: Midway USA, generally a very good company to do business with, once sent me a pretty large order short 100 rounds of primed Winchester .50 BMG brass ... but in its place they sent a drinking straw with one end chewed all to hell and back, a female "sanitary napkin" peel off strip (no ****!), and something that looked for all the world like a piece of black tar heroin.

Post imported post

How much did you pay for that? Cause...

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...62x39-fmj-ammo