Thread: July 4 Gun Ban

Post imported post

http://www.fortvan.org/pages/fourth-buy-tickets

bottom of page

Underevent restrictionsthey arebanning guns......I don't think the city (goverment) is running this so It appears to bemaybe legal.

Post imported post

Since 2002 (after 9-11-2001) they put up a fence and have done bag searches and have claimed to prohibit weapons.

I lived in Vancouver during this time and as a kid and had always gone to the for or nearby.

When they put up the fence I announced to the family that we would no longer be waching at the Fort.

I refused to be inside a fence if there was a terrorist or other problem. I did not want to feel caged in!

There are many places that are free, and outside of the Fort that the fireworks can be viewed. Many times we went to Clark College and found a place on the grass to watch.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

Upon further research when you buy the tickets you have to agree not to bring a list of items inwhich guns are also listed. I suppose since there is no law that you would be breaking I suppose CC would be the way to go.

Post imported post

glock23 wrote:
    Upon further research when you buy the tickets you have to agree not to bring a list of items inwhich guns are also listed. I suppose since there is no law that you would be breaking I suppose CC would be the way to go.
    If you want to be inside a fence... a nice soft target for the terrorists.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

No thanks to being in a fence with a large crowd.

I'll be poppin off some rounds on the 4th.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

glock23 wrote:
    http://www.fortvan.org/pages/fourth-buy-tickets

bottom of page

Underevent restrictionsthey arebanning guns......I don't think the city (goverment) is running this so It appears to bemaybe legal.
    I do not view this as a gun ban as there is no weight of law enforcing a gun ban.
    The only issue if you are found to be armed you will likely be asked to leave and if you refuse then it becomes a trespass issue.

Carry concealed if you choose to attend and even if you had to use your firearm while in the activity there would be no charges stemming from possession of your firearm.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Post imported post

Come up here to Carnation for the fireworks (I know, it's a long way for a lot of you). No fence, no admission charge, county park so no restrictions.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Post imported post

Freedom fest at Ft. Lewis. Yes, I know, no guns. But, it has always been an awesome display.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Tumwater always has a good show. Viewable from downtown Oly too.

Post imported post

I always make my own 4th of July show... With lots of loud explosions and stuff.

Legally of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Regular Member Son_of_Perdition's Avatar

Post imported post

For many years I have parked just down from the fort onhwy14. It is a great place to tailgate. No tickets to buy and you can have your own music. It looks like the whole buying a ticket part kinda locks in their rules.

Post imported post

i dont like public fireworks events... i buy/make my own fireworks and i also buy blanks for my AKS.

-matt