• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

July 4 Gun Ban

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Since 2002 (after 9-11-2001) they put up a fence and have done bag searches and have claimed to prohibit weapons.

I lived in Vancouver during this time and as a kid and had always gone to the for or nearby.

When they put up the fence I announced to the family that we would no longer be waching at the Fort.

I refused to be inside a fence if there was a terrorist or other problem. I did not want to feel caged in!

There are many places that are free, and outside of the Fort that the fireworks can be viewed. Many times we went to Clark College and found a place on the grass to watch.

glock23

imported post

Upon further research when you buy the tickets you have to agree not to bring a list of items inwhich guns are also listed. I suppose since there is no law that you would be breaking I suppose CC would be the way to go.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

glock23 wrote:
Upon further research when you buy the tickets you have to agree not to bring a list of items inwhich guns are also listed. I suppose since there is no law that you would be breaking I suppose CC would be the way to go.
If you want to be inside a fence... a nice soft target for the terrorists.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

glock23 wrote:
http://www.fortvan.org/pages/fourth-buy-tickets

bottom of page

Underevent restrictionsthey arebanning guns......I don't think the city (goverment) is running this so It appears to bemaybe legal.
I do not view this as a gun ban as there is no weight of law enforcing a gun ban.
The only issue if you are found to be armed you will likely be asked to leave and if you refuse then it becomes a trespass issue.

Carry concealed if you choose to attend and even if you had to use your firearm while in the activity there would be no charges stemming from possession of your firearm.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Come up here to Carnation for the fireworks (I know, it's a long way for a lot of you). No fence, no admission charge, county park so no restrictions.

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

For many years I have parked just down from the fort onhwy14. It is a great place to tailgate. No tickets to buy and you can have your own music. It looks like the whole buying a ticket part kinda locks in their rules.