• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry vehicle

chrisfromcali

imported post

WOW that's great. I had no idea. By 1000 GFSZ I assume you mean around a school etc correct? If so I'll just have to change my route on the way to my office.

Gundude

imported post

chrisfromcali wrote:
WOW that's great. I had no idea. By 1000 GFSZ I assume you mean around a school etc correct? If so I'll just have to change my route on the way to my office.
GFSZ = gun free school zone.....1000 ft from school property. One ofCalif's famous "feel good" laws.

coolusername2007

imported post

chrisfromcali wrote:
If your ammunition is in the trunk, can you open carry in your vehicle?

You can open carry in your vehicle regardless of where your ammunition is, as long as its not in your gun. You can have your gunand your full magazines on the seat nextto you if you wantas long asyou're not in a 1000' GFSZ.

IMO, your best option is to simply open carry as you would walking down the street...handgun holstered with full magazines in their holsters. Stay out of the GFSZs and your good to go.

ETA: why would you want to open carry in your vehicle if your ammo is locked up in your trunk anyway?

ETA_2: I should clarify my first statement. There are some places in your vehicle that you might not want to store ammo in such as glove box, center console etc. if you carry a pistol. A full magazine could be considered an illegally concealed gun by an activist DA which could cause you problems. Openly carried in mag holsters is your best option IMO.

chrisfromcali

imported post

Good to know, thanks

EDIT: @cooluser. So I don't have to lock up everything when going from my office to my car, car to my house. I wasn't sure I had any other choice

coolusername2007

imported post

Not yet. But then again I avoid them. I'm of the belief that an e-violation (that is a 12031e check is a scar of tyranny, not a badge of honor), therefore I don't put myself in situations that would cause my rights to be violated. That would just be a big headache for all involved.

I've organized two large successful UOC meetups in Old Town and we never had any problems with the local law.

coolusername2007

imported post

I established and organized the Monthly Meetups (with some great help), of which there where about 6 or 7 I think. Its been awhile since the last one, we are definitely due for one. Been a little busy lately. Old Town was by far the best location of them all. Maybe post good news with the pendingMcDonald decisionI'll have to get off my duff and organize another one.