Thread: cash and carry?

Post imported post

ive always been curious about cash and carry and what it is.

does anyone know where i can read about it and also tell me a bit about it?

Post imported post

leoffensive wrote:
    ive always been curious about cash and carry and what it is.

does anyone know where i can read about it and also tell me a bit about it?
    The old guy knows this. There were sorta mom and pop stores back in the 50's. You come, pay cash and carry out your purchase. No checks, no credit, no barter.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

ahh ok... im seriously sick and tired of filling out the same info on the paper work..... cant they just use computers already?

Post imported post

somebody needs to ask you,,,,
    what the hell are you talking about???
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Ive heard about people buying old firearms talking about cash and carry. Its annoying filling out the same form for every firearm i buy. Cant we have some kinda card or computer program instead of writting out that annoying paperwork?

Post imported post

Repeat post

Post imported post

A little slice of Americana:

In 1947 and 48 I lived in a little town called Bull Creek, Ca. There was a sawmill, cash and carry store, and a 2 room shcool. Istarted school there.The Store carried ammo in .22, 30.30, 30.06 and 30.40 Krag. In 1959 the creek flooded an took out the sawmill, store, the schooland most of the houses. Now it's owned by the Ca state parks and all that's thereis a ranger station.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Activist Member

Post imported post

leoffensive wrote:
    Ive heard about people buying old firearms talking about cash and carry. Its annoying filling out the same form for every firearm i buy. Cant we have some kinda card or computer program instead of writting out that annoying paperwork?
    I've got an even better idea: We should repeal the gun control act that requires you to fill out paperwork and use dealers in the first place!

Post imported post

You can cash and carry any rifle or shotgun that is older than 50 years in a private sale. It's not necessary to transfer it through an FFL. Not handguns though, except for those made before 1899 which are all antiques and those are unregulated on the federal level. You can buy antique Mosins from gunsnammo.com directly through the mail.

Felid`Maximus wrote:
    I've got an even better idea: We should repeal the gun control act that requires you to fill out paperwork and use dealers in the first place!
    Who is this "we" you speak of? You and I have no power to do such a thing. We're not the government. They could repeal that law, if they wanted to, but they enjoy the power that it gives them too much. To modify an old and famous quote, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to make a tyrant give up (some of) his power.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

If you still have that sks by the end of next month ill buy it from you as long as you kept it original and didnt ruin it with rails or tacticool stock

Post imported post

nevermind
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Post imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
    Who is this "we" you speak of? You and I have no power to do such a thing. We're not the government. They could repeal that law, if they wanted to, but they enjoy the power that it gives them too much. To modify an old and famous quote, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to make a tyrant give up (some of) his power.
    Technically "We" (the people) are supposed to be controlling the government and they are meant to serve "Us."

Ah, the good ol' days... :?

Post imported post

I know you are jesting, but that (usually referred to as the "social contract") is probably the greatest lie perpetrated on the American people, and the vast majority believe it. It's never been the case. There are no "good old days" to feel nostalgic about. Even dear old George Washington wielded his power like a tyrant when it suited him. Look up the Whiskey Rebellion for an example.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

+1 ^^^^^^^^^