• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cash and carry?

Gundude

imported post

leoffensive wrote:
ive always been curious about cash and carry and what it is.

does anyone know where i can read about it and also tell me a bit about it?
The old guy knows this. There were sorta mom and pop stores back in the 50's. You come, pay cash and carry out your purchase. No checks, no credit, no barter.

leoffensive

imported post

Ive heard about people buying old firearms talking about cash and carry. Its annoying filling out the same form for every firearm i buy. Cant we have some kinda card or computer program instead of writting out that annoying paperwork?

Gundude

imported post

A little slice of Americana:

In 1947 and 48 I lived in a little town called Bull Creek, Ca. There was a sawmill, cash and carry store, and a 2 room shcool. Istarted school there.The Store carried ammo in .22, 30.30, 30.06 and 30.40 Krag. In 1959 the creek flooded an took out the sawmill, store, the schooland most of the houses. Now it's owned by the Ca state parks and all that's thereis a ranger station.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

leoffensive wrote:
Ive heard about people buying old firearms talking about cash and carry. Its annoying filling out the same form for every firearm i buy. Cant we have some kinda card or computer program instead of writting out that annoying paperwork?

I've got an even better idea: We should repeal the gun control act that requires you to fill out paperwork and use dealers in the first place!

wewd

imported post

You can cash and carry any rifle or shotgun that is older than 50 years in a private sale. It's not necessary to transfer it through an FFL. Not handguns though, except for those made before 1899 which are all antiques and those are unregulated on the federal level. You can buy antique Mosins from gunsnammo.com directly through the mail.

Felid`Maximus wrote:
I've got an even better idea: We should repeal the gun control act that requires you to fill out paperwork and use dealers in the first place!

Who is this "we" you speak of? You and I have no power to do such a thing. We're not the government. They could repeal that law, if they wanted to, but they enjoy the power that it gives them too much. To modify an old and famous quote, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to make a tyrant give up (some of) his power.

RMafera

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:

Who is this "we" you speak of? You and I have no power to do such a thing. We're not the government. They could repeal that law, if they wanted to, but they enjoy the power that it gives them too much. To modify an old and famous quote, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to make a tyrant give up (some of) his power.
Technically "We" (the people) are supposed to be controlling the government and they are meant to serve "Us."

Ah, the good ol' days... :?

wewd

imported post

I know you are jesting, but that (usually referred to as the "social contract") is probably the greatest lie perpetrated on the American people, and the vast majority believe it. It's never been the case. There are no "good old days" to feel nostalgic about. Even dear old George Washington wielded his power like a tyrant when it suited him. Look up the Whiskey Rebellion for an example.