• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AJ Gators near Chesapeake Square Mall

mercutio545

imported post

Not sure if this is a repost, but I did a search, and the only hits I got were of people who OC'ed at AJ Gators without any issues.

Went to the location near the Chesapeake Sq. Mall on Friday, and saw this notice greeting me at the door:

740ca18eb373__1277153096000.jpeg

I wasn't carrying at the time anyway, since I had planned on having a few beers with some buddies, but I just thought I should bring it to everyone's attention. As mentioned before, I read previous posts about people OC'ing at certain AJ Gators locations, so those ones might be posted as well.

wylde007

imported post

That's curious because I've carried in there before. That is a new-ish sign.

It never ceases to amaze me how they believe a sign will stop an armed criminal from fiendishness.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think each AJ Gators, while sharing the franchise name, is an autonomous entity. I remember hearing at one time that there was one or two of them which were not, but got to keep the name through some legal loophole.

That is speculation. I don't have a cite. It was years ago and I heard it from a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy.:D

wylde007

imported post

The ex-manager (Lee Ivey) is now part owner of the Lazy Horse on Cedar Road. That happened two+ years ago.

I don't know anything about the people in charge now. Their sign tells me a lot about them, though.

wylde007

imported post

I find that I do not bother looking for signs too much. If they ask me to leave (which has been a rare occurrence), I simply oblige.

I never mention signs. Ever.

wylde007

imported post

And I commend you for it. I just don't believe that I should take the time and effort to actively participate in rendering myself defenseless when I know darn well that a criminal is not going to pay that sign any mind.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
New manager or something? Would be interesting to know why the change.
I believe we will start to see more and more of these hastily put together homemade signs the closer to July 1st we get...and the lifting of the CC ban in establishments that server alcohol.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
That's their prerogative and right.

And we will exercise ours by patronizing friendly(ier) establishments.
Absolutely Wylde...plenty of other establishments that'll take my money...I, as well as others here, will be sure to patronize those establishments...when you think about it, it's a really stupid move in this economy...cutting out X% of your customer base.

mercutio545

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
That's their prerogative and right.

And we will exercise ours by patronizing friendly(ier) establishments.
+1

Even if I want to have some drinks and leave the pistol at home, I would much rather spend my money at a place that doesn't restrict my option to carry or not.

Repeater

imported post

[align=center]ATTENTION:

Baseball bats are prohibited in this
establishment.

AJ GATORS MANAGEMENT

[/align][align=left]Well, why not? Bats have been known to kill, too.
[/align]

DonTreadOnMe

imported post

A lost customer

Dear AJ Gators,
I am sorry to say that I will no longer be able to patronize your business. I have many times enjoyed going to your establishment, but with the appearance of this sign I consider myself unwelcome.
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo04/7c/fd/740ca18eb373__1277153096000.jpeg
I will not give my business to any establishment that does not respect my rights and need to protect myself. I am sure that many others feel the same way. It is amazing that in this economy you would adopt a policy that would insult and drive away a segment of your customer base.
Disappointed,
William Taylor

--------------------------

Hello Mr. Taylor, I tried to pull up the picture in question but wasn't able to.Would you text it to me directly? 757-681-1473 my cell, or try to e-mail the picture to me jsharer2@cox.net. I'm sorry for any problems or offense I have caused but am totally in the dark as to the nature of the picture. Jeff sharer co-founder A.J.gators sportsbars

Dear Mr Sharer,
I have attached the picture to this email for your convenience. If you are not able to view it this way, just let me know. If need be I can always print out a copy and mail it to you.
Sincerely,
William Taylor

------------------------------

Will post response when received.

TFred

imported post

Just a couple of general suggestions...

When you try to e-mail someone a link to a photo, especially if it's in a photo album type site that you generally log into in order to manage, you should always try to access the photo from another environment, preferably another computer, or at a minimum, another browser (not just another window, as login cookies stay active), where you are certain that you are not logged in as the owner/manager. That appears to be what happened to this link.

Also, why not take advantage of one of the several URL-shortening services such as tinyurl.com? Makes for a much cleaner message overall, and in a pinch, can usually be hand-typed by the recipient if they can't cut and paste or direct link for some reason.

Just some thoughts... help us keep our message on track in the best light possible. :)

TFred

mercutio545

imported post

Well I just uploaded it from my phone to my online album, and hosted it from there. Are there people that aren't seeing it? I put it on another location, try this:

34030_764005400146_25511434_41341402_3955525_n.jpg