• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped in Baraboo OCing

LOERetired

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
I LOVE IT!!! The sheriff said, "looks likme we need to educate some people here in Baraboo about Open Carry." I'm sure he does not want to get any more MWAG calls.

LET'S HAVE A PICNIC!!!
To Educate The Residents Of Baraboo.

July 3 or 10?

I am ALL IN. :celebrate
I do have the recording of him saying this, as soon as I can download it from the recorder onto the computer I will provide a link so you can listen.

johnny amish

imported post

cowboyridn wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
I LOVE IT!!! The sheriff said, "looks likme we need to educate some people here in Baraboo about Open Carry." I'm sure he does not want to get any more MWAG calls.

LET'S HAVE A PICNIC!!!

July 3 or 10?

I do have the recording of him saying this, as soon as I can download it from the recorder onto the computer I will provide a link so you can listen.
That's awsome.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Ya can't cancel cuz of rain. The park has a pavilion and I have two 10x10 EZ UPS and I can borrow two more.

If we let some rain stop us, do we deserve to keep our 2A Rights?

protias

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Ya can't cancel cuz of rain. The park has a pavilion and I have two 10x10 EZ UPS and I can borrow two more.

Wouldn't that be a government building?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

protias wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:

Wouldn't that be a government building?
YEP, but we have had TREMENDOUS response from understanding police departments of late.

West Salem, Eau Claire County, Stevens Point. In all cases LEO granted permission to use the government facilities.

We have nothing to loose by asking if we can use the building

LOERetired

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:

LET'S HAVE A PICNIC!!!

July 3 or 10?

I may have mislead in my original post, It wasn't the sheriff himself but an officer from the sheriff's department that talked to me, but, still, he said the public needs to be educated on OCing.